My daughter and my NSV

Options
aqcannon
aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
So...yesterday my daughters had a friend over to play when the ice cream truck rolled by. My youngest grabbed her wallet and ran out to buy her favorite goodie. She came back with a drumstick in hand. They were all talking about it (they hadn't seen one before) and brought it over to show me. I looked it over and handed it back.

My daughter's friend commented "Wow, you are so lucky, my dad would have taken a huge bite out of it." Then my eldest daughter replied with "My dad would have too....a few months ago. But now he's Healthy Dad!"

I don't know how much they thought I could hear (I was at the computer furiously sending out resumes and applications) but it totally made my day in an otherwise rough stretch of life.

My new moniker: Healthy Dad! (Hmmm...maybe I should create a super-suit. Carrot-colored, with cranberry tights and a blueberry cape? LOL)

Replies

• WalterMom
    WalterMom Posts: 12
    Options
    I love it! From the mouths of babes!
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    That's sweet. At least they are noticing :)
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's sweet. :) Congrats on being a healthy dad!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's the best thing ever. My kids are my life and I'm always so proud when my kids notice my efforts. Great job Dad!!

PS: Can't wait to see the super hero suit! LOL
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That's great...and the best part is kids are brutally honest so you know she really means it :) Keep up being a great role model!
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's awesome brother. Stay strong in what you are doing and continue to be the good example you are for your kids. They ARE noticing, as you testified to, and they will follow in your footsteps of good health.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Chelle_Davis Posts: 241
    Options
    I love it!!! So happy for you. :D
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    that's so sweet! you're obviously providing a good example for your kids. WTG!
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    This made me smile! Set the perfect tone for the rest of my day! Congrats, my friend! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!