new today

Hello all,
just joined today, and i am looking forward to using this as much as time allows. i am not looking to lose a huge amount of weight, just looking for that little bit of motivation to keep me on track. i overeat due to anxiety, but lately have been doing very well in controlling it. a recent bout of bad pms had me seriously wanting to binge, but i overcame it. i thought it would be smart to join a community so i wouldn't be so tempted. just wanting to stay as positive as possible (and make changing lifestyles as painless as possible!)
i'm looking forward to getting to know many of you.
love and light.

Replies

• Hello all,
    just joined today, and i am looking forward to using this as much as time allows. i am not looking to lose a huge amount of weight, just looking for that little bit of motivation to keep me on track. i overeat due to anxiety, but lately have been doing very well in controlling it. a recent bout of bad pms had me seriously wanting to binge, but i overcame it. i thought it would be smart to join a community so i wouldn't be so tempted. just wanting to stay as positive as possible (and make changing lifestyles as painless as possible!)
    i'm looking forward to getting to know many of you.
    love and light.
  • Hi and welcome. I've been a member for nearly 3 weeks now and it has helped me lot. I've lost about 3 and a half lbs so far. I am like you, I don't need to lose a tremendous amount of weight, I set my goal at 15 but if I accomplish that I probly should go for five more. I have really needed to lose this weight for at least five years. A couple times a year I really try hard, lose 5(once it was closer to ten) and then 6 months later I'm back where I started or even a couple pounds more. I'm so sick of this cycle I finally decided I got to make some changes. I, like you, as soon as I get stressed out I eat. For me it's usually sweets and lots of carbs. I guess the one thing I can do to help that is to really stick to my cardio goals and increasing them when I feel stressed. So far so good, this site is a great way to start counting the calories and paying attention to healthy eating, and also a great place to find motivation and support thru the message boards. Good luck to you!