GNC Women's Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism Vitamin

Options
Just wondering if anyone uses this vitamins and if you have lost weight with them. It seems like when I take them it jump starts my weight loss better.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    post hoc ergo propter hoc

What does that mean?
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    it means coincidence

I have taken them, and notice no weight loss, change, difference at all vs taking them, or not taking them. They do give me a bit more energy, - probably I imagine what one gets from a cup of coffee (which I donot like) - but not enough to get real excited over (at least for me)

:)
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    looks like a multi vitamin with a tiny bit of caffeine/green tea extract added to it.

Take it if you want, don't expect any significant results.
  • BethMarieCagle
    Options
    Look, some people will say that it's a load of crap, and I'm not toting this as a miracle cure or whatever, but these vitamins truly work. The mix of caffeine and essential vitamins help me get all the nutrients I need that I may be skimping on. I eat healthy and exercise and everything else, but taking a multivitamins really helps for my mood and motivation.

I found that when I went a few weeks without taking them, I got really depressed and lacked energy. Started taking them again and I feel amazing!

Doesn't matter whether it was purely mental or not, whatever works and doesn't hurt right?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I take a generic multi that costs like $5 for a 2-3 month supply and drink coffee. My bases are covered, and I can take that extra money I would be donating to GNC and go snowboarding once a month.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Look, some people will say that it's a load of crap, and I'm not toting this as a miracle cure or whatever, but these vitamins truly work. The mix of caffeine and essential vitamins help me get all the nutrients I need that I may be skimping on. I eat healthy and exercise and everything else, but taking a multivitamins really helps for my mood and motivation.

I found that when I went a few weeks without taking them, I got really depressed and lacked energy. Started taking them again and I feel amazing!

Doesn't matter whether it was purely mental or not, whatever works and doesn't hurt right?

If you were truly eating a healthy diet you would not need or benefit from a multivitamin. Supplements should not be used to substitute for an imbalanced diet except in the case of medical conditions. If you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals changes are you are not getting enough fibre and other nutrients - of course the caffeine will keep you regular being a laxative as well as supplying artificial energy. IMO it's worrying that your regular diet alone leaves you with a disorder of mental health.
  • slider79
    Options
    I have been taking these since August. I have MS so I'm tired all the time and I find that they are the only vitamin that makes me feel more energetic. This has led to nearly 20 pounds in weight loss. When I'm tired I tend to snack all day on unhealthy foods. These vitamins have given me the energy to eat better and avoid food cravings. They don't make me jittery at all, but I do need to eat before I take them as they make me feel sick on an empty stomach. I also bought the GNC lean protein shakes and use them when I'm too tired to make something healthier. I have given up a lot of the white flour foods, but I haven't eliminated anything from my diet completely.