"fat day"

Options
2»

Replies

• recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    From personal experience, it was not a good fit for me. Once I started down that slippery slope, I lost my way - eventually 4-5 days a week were treat day. However, that might just be me, and others have success with it.

I'll be interested to see what others think...

That's 100% me. I know i'm not disciplined enough yet to allow a cheat day. I know it would turn into multiple days.
  • zanoem
    zanoem Posts: 3
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I do like my treats! My problem is, wants I allow my self to have a "fat day", one day leads to another and then hard to g!et back on track again. Next I know I gain weight back. Thank you for your reply
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think a cheat "meal" is more reasonable. Although, I find that I don't need to do it so often anymore, but it comes in handy on weekends.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that as being something more along the lines of helping stay on-track mentally. Give yourself a treat day, and be disciplined the rest of the time.

From personal experience, it was not a good fit for me. Once I started down that slippery slope, I lost my way - eventually 4-5 days a week were treat day. However, that might just be me, and others have success with it.

I'll be interested to see what others think...

I only "treat day" if I'm away from the house. That way I don't bring it home and don't have any other acess to it.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people who say, a cheat day doesn't mean a full out hogfest. I can be good at that! A bit of something savored slowly, is more mentally satisfying than a whole bunch of something stuffed down:smile: The first few tastes of anything are the best.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt call it 'fat day' or CHEAT day.. especially the 'cheat' part so many peeps use.. im not married to food.. therefore its not Cheating!! lol... man.. i call it 'indulging'.. or indulgance... whatever the case.. its up to the individual person.. but i have read that a lot as well.. that once a wk some peeps have a day they go over.. I think some do a 'meal' they go over calorie goal or there favorite desert.. like 'one' thing... not to eat like a pig all day?? idk.. even when i had a trainer at my gym.. she had me on 1400 calories a day and every 4th day (so once a wk) bump up to 1800 cals... i basically took that as whatever i want to eat day.. but i sitll didnt go over board.... im only 12 days into MFP and i havent gone over yet.. ( i exercise at least once a day though.. and do eat some of my exercise cals back... or im sure i'd faint if not, LOL>. since only on 1200 cals a day):indifferent:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I mostly have cheat days on days that we have something special going on like a birthday party or something. I will just eat what I eat and then log it later. I don't go crazy with it and try to watch my serving sizes but I'm not going to bring my own food or starve because there isn't anything that I would normally eat...and I will have a small piece of cake too.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat a meal out at a restaurant once a week. I don't keep any treats or cheats in the house...or they will be gone. :laugh: I log everything I eat at home--including my homemade recipes, which I've made healthier!--and when I eat out I just allot a general 1600 cal with some high macros and eat around that. When I go out, I just drink water, get a smaller meal, and don't gorge on those freebies--biscuits, chips, etc--if I even touch them.

It's not perfect, but it's what I can manage. :drinker:
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Funny thing about cheat day....I 'gave' myself one this past Friday and tonite when I was reviewing my diary, I noticed the 2000+ calorie day. I couldn't remember why I ate that much...then I looked at the day and I said to myself....Oh, that was the day that I went out to lunch and to supper. And guess what......what I had wasn't even that good! Not worth it. Give yourself little treats each day (100 calories or less). Fruit is so plentiful this time of the year....and it's good for you.

Enjoy and keep in the back of your mind that all that restaurant stuff is loaded with bad calories!!!