Questionable Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    This is beyond absurd.
    It's best to keep it simple: eat less - move more.
    Eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Track what you eat and balance your meals as per MFP recommendations.
    Simple...:bigsmile:
  • LadyChay
    LadyChay Posts: 6
    Options
    I did this diet probably about 15 years ago, but i think it was the walking for 25 min a day that caused me to lose weight. My current diet started with a 10 day very strict diet which required egg white shakes for breakfast and lunch and a more "normal" low fat dinner. Actually it worked and I lost 10 lbs in 10 days - mostly water I am sure. But it was okay. Lots of athletes drink egg white shakes for protein and I did not feel hunger pains. I always keep boiled eggs on hand for those few days I did experience hunger pains. EGG whites only to fill my stomach until dinner when I could indulge in what I consider real food. Everyone has been commenting on my weight loss and I can only hope it will be permanent. I cut my sugars and limit my fats to no more than 30 a day if I can. Of course i take all my vitamins because I DO NOT want to lose my hair or anything... G
  • lasty51
    lasty51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whats the saying ?

Eat Breakfast like a King
    Lunch like a Prince
    Dinner like a Pauper
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Whats the saying ?

Eat Breakfast like a King
    Lunch like a Prince
    Dinner like a Pauper

except it's wrong. Total macronutrient intake is FAR more important than when it is consumed.

Off topic though.
  • hunneysue
    hunneysue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would personally stay away from this. While there is nothing wrong with rewards like ice cream etc. Even on and off with this diet isn't healthy. I think too many people put too much emphasis on weight loss and not enough on good solid nutrition. Anything you eat is considered a "diet." There just isn't enough balance there for sustainability. I have no doubt changing what you eat drastically can cause weight loss, the question is can you keep it off with said diet?
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of when I was a kid and both of my parents would try out these wacky particular-food only diets. I remember, for instance, the week they were mostly eating only rice, tomatoes, and prunes.

Even as a kid, I recognized a diet that was a bit woo-woo. Although if they had been on an ice-cream and cracker diet, I would have TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD! ;)
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    All I can think of is the kickstarter day. Horrible bowl of soup after horrible bowl of soup and oooh! today you get a banana and a steak. I'm pretty sure I celebrated the end of that one with Hungry Jacks. Mmm, whopper with cheese.
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    This is beyond absurd.
    It's best to keep it simple: eat less - move more.
    Eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Track what you eat and balance your meals as per MFP recommendations.
    Simple...:bigsmile:

This diet sounds just plain weird. Listen to Bobbi he speaks wisdom! =D
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i would throw up if I had to eat 2 hotdogs!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know how this would help?

i think it is just trying to get people into a habit of eating somewhat healthy...maybe?