Only 35 days

Options
My brother is getting married in 35 days! I need to get slimmer by then! He is in the Army and just got back from Iraq and he is in amazing shape. I know we will have a lot of pictures together and I am singing for the wedding! I need to get smaller. I am not one who is big on trying to push so hard in a short amount of time but I want to lose at least 10lbs. Any ideas on what to do? Please any ideas are wanted! PLEASE !

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You can go out and buy an number of exercise DVD's, start taking long walks, DEFINITELY log what you eat and try to stick within your calories. It is possible to lose 10 lbs in a little over a month but you have to be dedicated and consistent and of course drink your water. You should drink half your body weight in fluid ounces. Good luck!
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of time you have during the day, but I usually do a short 15 or 30 min. workout video before work, do a short Wii workout on my lunch break and then I hit the gym for an hour after work. Also, I monitor my calories like a hawk. It's been fairly easy to shed the lbs. and inches that way (easy being a relative term).
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There are some days I can do that. I just need to get on a better sleeping schedule! I will try working out multiple times I have not tried that yet. Thanks!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you in having a deadline. I have eight weeks before my 35th bday and am trying to lose 15 lb. I keep a reminder of my weight and weekly goals like I have in my profile on my refrigerator and by my desk. So whenever I start getting that bored feeling of eating when I'm working or watching tv, then I have a quick reminder of why I should just grab that glass of water or piece of fruit instead of my kids' hostess cupcakes :noway:

You'll do great. Maybe even get some suggestions from your brother on what he did to get in great shape. Get him involved in it. He'll probably need the distraction from all the stress of wedding planning. Also, it's a really sweet gift to him that you want to look great for his special day. You can do it!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    OK I am not advocating that this suggestion is good bad or indifferent but years ago I went on the scarsdale diet. I lost 14 Lbs in two weeks. it was not bad or unhealthly (no sugar no fats , lots of veggies and Protin, I remember you did it for twp weeks and then they had a mantainace program for 2 weeks. You can ggogle it the whole plan is on the internet. I do not think it would be that bad for you as a kick start. Its not to low on the calorie end that you go into starvation mode or anything. It might be something to look at thats all. Best of luck to you .