Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes

Options
keiko
keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
I just had this for lunch and it was so good! I used salsa intead of the tomato and I used greek style yogurt instead of sour cream.

I'm always looking for something different for lunch. I even think that without the yogurt it would be great to take with to school/work to just heat up and eat.

Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes
2 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation
1. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425ºF until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
2. Meanwhile, combine beans, tomato, oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
3. When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Nutrition
Per serving: 351 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 61 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 468 mg sodium; 541 mg potassium.
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat, 1 fat

Replies