Bike Question....

Options
2»

Replies

• AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm either getting the Cannondale Trail 6 or the Trek Neko today.....

They are both lower end bikes, but I definitely can't spend 1K on some of the bikes you guys are suggesting!!!!

Any thoughts on either of those?
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options

They are both lower end bikes, but I definitely can't spend 1K on some of the bikes you guys are suggesting!!!!

They are pretty much in the same ball park. Test ride both for at least 15 minutes each. If one is more comfortable than the other then buy that one. If they feel the same then get the one that you like the looks of.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Seriously, go visit your local bike shop and see what kind of deal you can find. I got my Kona for $300 and it was regularly $1000.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Just got a regular old Next bike from Walmart about 12 years ago and it is still great. Paid about $90 for it.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have an old hand-me-down Diamond Back mountain bike. It's fine. It's not a "Wal-Mart" bike.

I've heard Giant is the best for the money though, these days.

I also have a Diamondback mountain bike as well and love it, thank you very much. I got it at a reputable sporting goods store, not walmart.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Any reputable local bike shop will allow you to test ride. I suggest narrowing your search and going with what feels best to you. Most bikes in the brands and price range you are speaking of are really great so for me it comes down to personal fit.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have a Trek 7.3 FX Hybrid bike.....love it to death.

me too!