Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Facebook Hacking

2»

Replies

• dunnweb
    dunnweb Posts: 49
    One reason why I don't have Facebook any longer!

The personal account hacks aren't Facebook's problems but reside with malicious software on the client side.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    maybe a stupid question but.. how do you know it has been the same person trying to hack you? :huh:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    I use a program called password safe to generate random passwords.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    you have to change your password and can never ever use that password again for facebook. Dont ever click on links unless you know its trusted.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    You need to set up their text messaging service, If anyone trys to log in from an unknown device it will send me a text message with a code that I have to enter. One time I got a text message at 3 am..too bad for the hacker because they didn't have the code.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    maybe a stupid question but.. how do you know it has been the same person trying to hack you? :huh:

It would be a crazy coincidence otherwise. They always pick the same 3 people to send the notifications to. It's about once a week.

I've also gotten anonymous messages on my blog that are personal and they are on the same days on the facebook attempts.
  • ElviraCross
    You need to set up their text messaging service, If anyone trys to log in from an unknown device it will send me a text message with a code that I have to enter. One time I got a text message at 3 am..too bad for the hacker because they didn't have the code.

Yup! I have this!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Love the honesty!
    I have immaturely done this to an EX.

you need to change your email password, and back up email password. --thats how i was able to get it, he would change his usual email password but never his back up :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Seriously, one person is doing this?
    OUCH!
    I have never had any such issue. In fact, today, I deactivated my facebook page. Can anybody else relate to this?
    You make newer connections rooted in common interest like health and fitness, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't relate or understand. I will keep the great memories, but it was time to move on.
    Arrivederci!
    Anyway, I hope you find a way to catch this guy...
  • ElviraCross
    Seriously, one person is doing this?
    OUCH!
    I have never had any such issue. In fact, today, I deactivated my facebook page. Can anybody else relate to this?
    You make newer connections rooted in common interest like health and fitness, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't relate or understand. I will keep the great memories, but it was time to move on.
    Arrivederci!
    Anyway, I hope you find a way to catch this guy...

I know... it's so pathetic.

I just feel like if delete the account that they win!