i JUST wANNA SCREAM!

Options
msradio
msradio Posts: 165 Member
Before you read I only posted because my daughter can never read this and I'm at work and no access to a phone but then again my friends and family already feel my pain but what can they do? My daughter is now 14 yrs old she's at that age where she sometimes doesnt appreicate what ai do for her so it really hurts when I have everythng alone.

I can honestly count on my hands how many times he has called her or done anything for her, I live in PA AND HE LIVES IN ny i Wwas alot younger when we first met and he could do no wrong! We were together for about a yr when I found out i was woith child he seemed happy but everythin changed once she was born.

When she was 2mo he just left no goodbye he was just gone. I cried for weeks! When I got enough nerve I went to NY where I found him at his mothers with the woman he moved to NY and left his family for, she is now his wife but that's old news and not the point.

Over the years I did try to get Child Support but they always had excues til I fell on hard times a lil over a year ago. In PA when you recieve Welfare you also have to open a case with Domestic Relations, so of course I did to my surprise now Domestic wants to help they locate her dad do paternity and all! Of course he was easy to find in jail!

Since then the test results came back of course he is the father and also home from jail not working or trying to have contact with his child, I was pretty much over the entire situation til I got a lettter from domestic wanting to see me and wants me to bring pay subs, w2 ect and I was adsv if i don't i would be in trouble! The problem i have with this is the letter that was sent to my daughters father was returned back, so why bother me they don;t know where he is, it's not like they era going to send a search party to NY to locate him! So I feel like another 4 yrs will go by and since I'm back to work not using the system Domestic could care less about me or my daughter!

Replies

• LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Paragraphs please. I decided not to read it because my eyes were crossing. Paragraphs.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Paragraphs please. I decided not to read it because my eyes were crossing. Paragraphs.

ditto.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i stopped after "before"
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

ditto.

triple
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    longrantslikethisarehardtoreadwithoutparagraphsorproperpuncutationtryadifferntpostsometime
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    longrantslikethisarehardtoreadwithoutparagraphsorproperpuncutationtryadifferntpostsometime

marry me
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wow, um... yeah... I wanna scream just trying to read that... I quit right after you said "Before"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So he isn't paying child support?

Can we get bullet points or something dear?
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great... now the body's cold.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Holy%20Wall%20of%20Text.jpg
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    You say "Moving on" quite frequently, yet you don't seem to be able to do so. You have put quite a lot of effort into first pursuing this gentleman, then covering for him with your daughter. I hope you are able to take that energy and redirect it toward making yourself happier.

I wish you the best.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Really? Ya'll have to jump on her? That's sad.

I took the time to read it and I'm sorry hun. The system sucks and some dads are dilholes. You might never get a dime from him just keep doing what's best for your daughter. Good luck.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

I think I lust you for this! Tylenol anyone?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Do the best for your daughter.
    Sounds like he doesn't give a damn.
    Wish the best!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Okay first off. That was really hard to read. But I empathize with your situation so I muscled through it.

I applaud you for trying to stay off welfare, however, you really need to continue to pursue him for child support. He has a legal responsibility to his daughter, and if you don't hold him accountable for that, then he never will be.

As far as your daughter being unappreciative, I can relate. Mine is 13 and when she is mad at me I hear "I wanna go live with daddy!" To which I reply, "Great, he can pay your phone bill!" Which he won't so that usually brings an end to that.

It's hard as a single mom. But you continue to be strong and love her as much as you can. Remember that the child support is for her, and giving up because the system is difficult to deal with is really just letting her down.

All my best! :flowerforyou: Please try to use some punctuation in the future! I haven't read the thread, but I'm sure you've been trolled quite a bit for the lack of it.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't know how things are up there but down here DNA tests are mandatory anytime you go through support enforcement. It doesn't matter whether he said your daughter was his or not. Take the time off and go provide them with the paperwork. Just keep in mind they are like everyone else, overloaded with cases and understaffed. You are going to have to be your own advocate. Stay on top of your case and provide them with any information you hear about him. If he's in jail, let them know where. If he's working, find out where and then turn the info in to your case worker.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Okay first off. That was really hard to read. But I empathize with your situation so I muscled through it.

I applaud you for trying to stay off welfare, however, you really need to continue to pursue him for child support. He has a legal responsibility to his daughter, and if you don't hold him accountable for that, then he never will be.

As far as your daughter being unappreciative, I can relate. Mine is 13 and when she is mad at me I hear "I wanna go live with daddy!" To which I reply, "Great, he can pay your phone bill!" Which he won't so that usually brings an end to that.

It's hard as a single mom. But you continue to be strong and love her as much as you can. Remember that the child support is for her, and giving up because the system is difficult to deal with is really just letting her down.

All my best! :flowerforyou: Please try to use some punctuation in the future! I haven't read the thread, but I'm sure you've been trolled quite a bit for the lack of it.
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. It's hard being a single mom...lots of us know your pain. Hopefully the ability to rant a little bit made you feel better.