So Depressed

Options
I cant believe it!!! In the last 2 months I have gained almost 10 lbs and I dont know what I am doing differently. I don't feel like I deserve to even be on this sight and especially with the people I usually talk to on here. They are all doing great and I am slowly going down hill. :frown: :cry: :brokenheart: :sad:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It's time to sit down, and have a good talk with yourself...I have to have a good talk with myself at least once a day. The reasons you started this in the first place probably haven't changed, so you need to spend a lot of time reminding yourself of those goals.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If you let us look at your diet and exercise we might be able to pinpoint what is wrong, assuming you've been logging faithfully. If you haven't, that might be part of the problem.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your diaries. But - you said in your profile you want to get stronger. Are you doing strength training and gaining muscle? Over 2 months, you would notice that. Are you losing inches? Or are you perhaps retaining water?

When I came back from my holidays in Germany I had gained 8 (eight!!) pounds in three weeks. 6 of those were water and came off within the first week. The other 2 were real and I finally got rid of them plus lost another pound by replacing some carbs with protein. This was interesting as I had been sitting at the same weight for several weeks even before going to Germany.

So, don't give up, try to figure out what has changed and go from there. Maybe switching to more proteins would help you, too. I'm by no means eating a "low carb" diet but I do try to make all the carbs count by having whole grains and veggies more often.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    ok im gonna offer a different angle in addition to the already good suggestions on here...How are your clothes fitting? Because your body fat can still be dropping... What about your waist arm leg etc measurements....Id also give these a check...