burning legs and feet!

Options
Hi there, I am new to this site, so I don't know if this is the right one. Please tell me if this is the right one or not. My legs and feet sometimes feel like they are on fire. It is from the middle of the legs down. Most of the time it is bearable, but when I walk or loading or unloading my truck it can be quite painful. I have some OTC lotion to put on them, but it doesn't seem to help much. Acetominophen and naproxen do not help much either. Aspirin is the only thing that helps but it can cause stomach problems. Does anyone have any helpful hints ? I know its soon after my diagnosis and start of treatment, but it HURTS. Thank you. rw

Replies

• blakgarnet
    Options
    I would see a doctor
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    I would definitely go see a doctor to find out what it going on. have a herniated disc and before I knew what it was I had pain similar to what you are describing. It was a burning pain down the side of my leg,and my half calf was numb along with three of my toes. This is something that should be checked out. I would say to make an appoint to find out for sure what is going on.
  • randkwellborn
    Options
    Hi this is robwell's wife and he has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He is on medication for it and would like to know if anyone here has suggestions to help cool his legs and feet. He also wants to apologize for not stating this in his original post.
    Thanks
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Robwell welcome to MFP. Maybe someone will come on tomorrow who has dealt with this issue. Bump your thread in the morning when more ppl are on (weekends are slow here!)

Good luck to you...............your on the right track!!:flowerforyou: