Pet Peeves

Options
2»

Replies

• supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    When people say, "I should have went" instead of "I should have gone". :explode:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    People who make plans and then constantly break them.... "Sure, we can meet for lunch" -- the next morning "Oh, about lunch.. can it be a late lunch, like 145?" then about the time i get to work "rut roh, the late lunch doesnt seem to be panning out, will you still be in town about 3?" then just as im leaving to head that way "im not sure if i'll make it on time at 3.. could we just do dinner instead.. say 6ish?"

Like WTF... sure, i have nothing else to do with my damn time than wait around on you to get your *kitten* straight. Don't jerk me around!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    When someone says irregardless
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Chewing with your mouth open.
    Talking with food in your mouth.
    Unnecessary noises (pen clicking, nail tapping, desk drumming, etc.)
    Using "try and" instead of "try to."

"I want to try and lose weight." So you are going to try, and then you are going to lose weight?? No, you are going to try TO lose weight. (I blame my college professor for making me so passionate about this grammatical issue.)
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have far too many to list them all. I can't seem to tolerate double negatives though. "You don't get none." My parents are guilty of this and it drives me nuts.

I also can't tolerate stupid drivers. When there is a sensor at the red light under the road, and you stop your car 2 car lengths before the line, how the hell is the sensor supposed to know you're there so the light will change???? And I hate it when people pass you, only to turn off the road in a few feet. Really?! You just had to get to that road an extra second before you were going to? (and I have many many more pet peeves)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    People who stand still on escalators

I always expect that these people are the ones that say things like "The reason I'm overweight is because I have a slow metabolism"
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I hate when someone says "someone made me do this" No on made you do nothing, you did it on your own free will.
  • Cathy_Daydreams
    Options
    I have a number of pet peeves to be honest.
    1. When someone says you don't need to lose weight.
    I'm sorry but sometimes it's not their place to say. Sometimes, it's from people who don't even know me that well or people who I haven't seen in years and I'm talking to on the internet at the time. I understand why other's do it and the thoughts nice, but it seriously annoys me.
    I know what's best for my body, not you, stop telling me and let me do it myself thanks :).
    2. Maybe this is because I'm younger but the other response to 'watching my weight' or similar comments is when people wave chocolate or things you shouldn't have in your face and try to tempt you. It's not even funny, it's just really quite rude, I ask for support and you just make the whole thing harder for me .... thanks x
    3. Went to the doctor's lately and he confirmed that my BMI was quite high and I should start altering my diet and losing a bit of weight. When I ended up getting into one of the 'you're not fat' debates that's happened a lot lately I'd tell them this, not in a 'Yes I am my doctor said so' sort of way or anything, but you get what I mean?
    Then my friends would often be like 'No you don't need to lose weight!' 0.o hellloooo he's paid to tell me if I'm healthy or not and he has a number of qualifications in knowing if I'm overweight or not, I don't think his verdict really stands up to yours somehow >:*( GOD
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Shopping carts left out in the middle of the parking lot or in parking spaces so that you can't park in them. Hello! That's what the cart return is for. Put in the return or take it back in the store.

Toilet paper/paper towels that are hung to go under the roll instead of over. If I am at someone's house and see that the paper doesn't go over, I change it for them. If the paper goes under, the pattern is upside down.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Shopping carts left out in the middle of the parking lot or in parking spaces so that you can't park in them. Hello! That's what the cart return is for. Put in the return or take it back in the store.

Toilet paper/paper towels that are hung to go under the roll instead of over. If I am at someone's house and see that the paper doesn't go over, I change it for them. If the paper goes under, the pattern is upside down.

This would drive me nuts. In one of my bathrooms the holder is high up on the wall and when the paper is over, it keeps ripping. If somebody did that in my house, they would find the door very quickly. I have it the way I want it, I don't go in their house and change their stuff around. My TP doesn't have a pattern anyway. I can see why it would be a pet peeve if it had a pattern. But my paper towels always have to go on the holder upside down because otherwise they hang in the sink if it hangs too low. So the pattern is always upside down. That doesn't bother me. (and I am this way because my gram has the audacity to go to relatives houses and change things, criticize how they do things, moves everything around (don't picture a sweet little old lady when I say gram, this woman is a 6 foot tall ball of energy bossy bullying machine) and specifically does things you ask her not to out of spite)

The shopping cart thing irritates me too. You had enough energy to walk around the store with the cart, you can find the energy to walk it back to a cart return.
  • EggTamOut
    EggTamOut Posts: 16
    Options
    Getting kicked repeatedly under the table in a restaurant by someone who thinks they need more space than everyone else for their legs!! When they clearly don't......

That's the last time I play footsie with you!

LOL Very funny!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    people who talk for 90% of an evening out with friends and monopoloze the convo with boring stories

LOL......Saw an old friend the other day and he did ALL the talking. It was definitely noticeable but we hadn't seen him in awhile so it's all good. I learned to just say **** it, and forget about having input on a topic that he brought up.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    People that don't use turn signals!

YES!!! THIS!!!

Also, "their, they're and there". Learn it, love it, use it correctly. :bigsmile:
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    1. Loud gum chewing or gum popping. Its gross. I shouldn't be abe to hear whats going on in someone else's mouth 3 offices down from mine.

2. Men who sit with their knees spread wide open on crowded subway trains taking up more than one seat or touching my legs with theirs. Your junk is not that big! Be considerate and if I pull my legs in closer together its so that they are not touching yours! Not so that you can spread yours open even further!

3. People that walk slowly in groups taking up the whole width of the sidewalk or stairs. Hello! Let other people pass please!

4. Catcalls from men on the street. I am a person and have a proper name! Say hello or good morning/afternoon/evening politely and I will respond but yell "Hey Mami" and you are getting a dirty look.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    How great would it be to know the peet peeves of those people you interact with in person every day???

So much ammunition LOL
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is people who don't hold doors or don't say "thank you" when someone holds the door for them. It drives me INSANE. When people let a door slam closed on my face I will call them out on it. It's the absolute most basic form of being a polite human being with manners.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've just found a new one - it's those cat pictures with the cat saying something.... misspelt

Drives me mad
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options

4. Catcalls from men on the street. I am a person and have a proper name! Say hello or good morning/afternoon/evening politely and I will respond but yell "Hey Mami" and you are getting a dirty look.

I think I'd like this one as I have maybe had this happen to me a handful of times my entire life.