comebacks for "you are losing too much weight"

Options
BenChase
BenChase Posts: 169
just as the title says this is for fun, for all the sarcastic people like me who get tired of everyone saying you've lost too much, you look too skinny, ect.... ideas for comebacks to what people say all the time. by the way i'm only using ones i have personally said to someone already but feel free to write whatever, i will start off.....

them: "you don't look like you have (insert number here) more pounds to lose"
you: " that's why 2 out of every 3 americans are obese now,everyone seems to be comfortable in the overweight range,where your perception of healthy weight is way off ;) "

them: "man i hope a strong wind doesn't come by,it'll blow you away!"
you: "that's ok,i'll just anchor myself to you :) "

them: (talking about excercise) don't over do it
you: don't under do it

i'll add more if this topic starts to take off :)

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached the point where I need a comeback yet :laugh: but when I do, I'll reference this thread.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    A walking tooth pick said to me, "you can stop loosing weight now."

"You're one to talk." not very inventive.

Someone else said, "OMG you've lost too much. You look skinny."

"I haven't 'lost' anything (literally and figuratively). I found a healthy stronger body."
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    “Criticism is something you can easily avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~Aristotle

I believe most forms of criticisms are just forms of miscommunications. I say thank you or just smile and go about my day. I find there is no need to escalate what may be preceived as conflict when the person might have miscommunicated their feelings. The more time you spend wondering what to say or do, the less time you have to do other things.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Co-worker: "Why do you exercise all the time? you're already in shape. what are you trying to prove?"

me: "nothing. I only do it annoy you."
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Co-worker: "Why do you exercise all the time? you're already in shape. what are you trying to prove?"

HAHAH
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My mother in law keeps saying I'm losing too much weight. I haven't yet found an appropriate response for her, so I'll be watching this thread keenly. -_-
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    love this thread already!
  • wee_emski
    wee_emski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't have a comeback! If someone says I look skinny I am absolutely delighted and clap my hands in glee! Someone said to me (not nastily): I bet you can buy child's sizes, and I was delighted at the money saving tip! I honestly think when people say these things they are usually jealous, and it's a sure sign that you are doing a great job!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Love the witty comebacks and I often turn up the sarcasm; however, when I'm not in the mood I just reply with

How about you just STFU?
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options

HAHAH

haha i laughed at this as well, someone at work said something similar....

them : "you are already in shape now,why do you still excercise that much?"
    me: i like the shape i am now better than the circle shape i used to be
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    Duh really? like I didn't notice that. I am sarcastic.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    lol love it n good for you!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    An old coworker of mine: "You have lost too much weight"
    Me: "Proof positive of the conservation of mass, I see now where it all went"

(he had gained a lot of weight since I worked with him)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Awsome stuff!
  • Virtech2k3
    Virtech2k3 Posts: 14
    Options
    (This person is overweight by about 20 lbs, with most of it on his belly.)

Bellyman: "you are going to look like a skinny man, you should start building muscles now"

me: "show me your abs with a 6 pack and I will gladly listen to your infinite wisdom"
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    them: (talking about excercise) don't over do it
    you: don't under do it

Definitely my favorite. Still learning how to properly react to other people's perceptions of my health.
    The fact that I'm going to school for food science/health psychology makes the comments less common among friends, but family members are the WORST!
    "You're so thin, it's not healthy."
    "That can't be natural,"
    "So, what DO you eat?" - This one kills me.
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I really like this! I have to write it down.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just glare and roll my eyes because the only person who's said that is my father.

Then later he told me to stop working out my legs because they look like football players.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My comeback: What are you, my therapist? Take a walk.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My mother in law keeps saying I'm losing too much weight. I haven't yet found an appropriate response for her, so I'll be watching this thread keenly. -_-

sorta mean answer: it looks to me that you have found what I've lost

other answer: really? I did not notice anything special

work all the time answer: "that's your opinion" in a friendly, polite tone. Repeat until she changes topic on her own (should be 3 to 5 times).

:)