Help! I Messed up :(

Options
Hi guys.... Ok soo here's the thing. I've been doing really good on my diet and excercise for the last month but I completeley messed up the last 3 days... I've been overeating again and haven't worked out for 2 days either. I've been feeling down and just started eating.... I started this morning off great with some whole wheat toast and peanut butter with a cup of green tea hoping to get back into the swing of things but BANG... ate some cookies, had a big bowl of ice cream. Should I skip dinner now ? I'm already at 1500 calories......Don't know what to do... Need some Support..... :(

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Have a nice healthy dinner. Don't beat yourself up. Get on track tomorrow. Budget in some treats so you won't be tempted to go overboard on them next time.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself by not eating, especially if you're hungry.

You're only human.
  • S_L_H
    S_L_H Posts: 2
    Options
    Just pick up where you left off. Don't let a few slip ups get you down. It happens. Don't skip dinner! Make yourself something healthy and filling. If you skip out on it, your metabolism won't be happy and you will feel like crap. Every day is a new day as well as every hour. So pick this hour to start again :)
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Don't frek out too much!! It's not easy to eat well sometimes and you just have to ease your way into it. You may add me for support if you want :)
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree, just get back on track. And throw the cookies and the ice cream out, seriously. If you're on day 3 of a binge, you aren't just suddenly going to "gain" willpower and not head to the kitchen. Throw it out or give it to a neighbor.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Believe me, we all have days like this. It is so easy to fall off the wagon and so hard to get back on! But you can do this! I don't know what your calorie goal is, but maybe you can get in some good cardio exercise to help give you some more? If not, go ahead and eat a light dinner, don't feel guilty. Your weightloss journey can restart tomorrow! If you need a friend for support, you can feel free to add me! Good luck to you! =)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hey no worries. remember, this is a lifetime commitment, even if you have to take it one day at a time. that being said, what are three days in comparison to the rest of your life? probably less than .01%. you're fine, just find yourself back on the path, you're going to be fine
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Don't skip dinner, if you do that might increase your chances of bingeing because you're hungry. Eat something healthy. You don't have to wait until tomorrow to get back on track, start with the next meal.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    It might actually have helped you these past few days. When you stay constant all the time your body stays the same. Mixing it up a little helps!
  • joannecando
    Options
    Chalk it up to experience and move on. You can't take back what you have done, so don't dwell on it. Have a good dinner tonight, lots of protein, and drink lots of water. Then throw away the junk food. Somebody else said it, and I agree - if you are in a binge mode, chances are you aren't suddenly going to stop feeling like eating it. Get it out of the house, and at least you can't easily access it.

BTW, I am having a bad day myself. I have reached my max calories, and I haven't had dinner :( I was in the car all day, and just ate fast food, which never works out well.

Best wishes to you; feel free to add me if you want.
  • tudbetunny
    Options
    I've done exactly the same thing. I started using fitness pal around 5 weeks ago and have lost half a stone. I have joined a gym and been really pleased with the results. I haven't even found it too difficult staying within calories - even though I'm a 'picker' in the evening. Last few days though I have seriously over eaten. I know I can get back on track, but every day makes it a little harder. Try and sign up to a new challenge. I tend to find weighing myself too often is my killer. I think, ah, well. Not lost anything this week, what's he point. I'm back on it tomorrow, and I'm not weighing myself for a month. Just remember, we are all human. It's good advice, so go easy on yourself. I'm trying....
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi it happens, sometimes you need a day off but just get back on track tomorrow, I have had one of those days today, bit stressful at work hasnt helped. Tomorrow is another day:bigsmile:
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    don't stress about it, it happened, now move on. Don't skip dinner, it'll just make u hungry and feel crappy. if u feel the need, do some exercise tonight, but either way, don't skip dinner! Make yourself something healthy n yummy and eat an appropriate serving size, log it all and move on.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It happens and you posting about it shows you care and want to get back on track. Dedicate the rest of your evening to getting on track. Pack your gym bag, and prepare a nice healthy dinner. Pack something healthy for your lunch bag tomorrow, include water, lunch and snacks. And get up tomorrow and get back to it.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I ♥ that everyone is so supportive and encouraging
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine! eat dinner...whats your plan for exercise?
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Have a light supper if you are hungry and decide to make better choices tomorrow. Last time I checked we are all human here...we tend to make mistakes. :flowerforyou:
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is simply what works for me when I have found myself in a similar situation...

1. Stop and take a bit of time to reflect- why am I struggling? Am I stressed, worried or tired? Are my healthy foods low on stock making it "easier" to choose the not so good ones? Am I in a food rut and bored with eating the same meals? Am I eating enough on a regular basis? Am I drinking enough water? Am I being so restrictive with not allowing occasional "treats" that I am feeling resentful and self-sabotaging.

2. Get moving- no matter how bad of mood I am in, no matter how many excuses I can make, no matter how much I do not want to, I force myself to at a minimum go for a walk. Often it helps me do #1 and also almost always lifts my spirits. As a bonus, whatever I do, it helps offset any damage I have done with my food.

3. Log what I ate no matter what.

4. Don't let one or a few bad days make me feel like a failure or hold onto guilt- beating myself up leads to one day becoming two, then three, and the next thing I know it has been 3 months... so, no negative self talk.

5. Talk to someone, reach out for support (good job on this :). Often, just admitting I had a setback and knowing others are supporting me is very motivating. It reminds me that I would never be so hard on someone else for a setback, so I should be equally as kind to myself. Tell yourself what you might tell someone else...

So, have a healthy light dinner. Tomorrow is a clean slate. So much of this journey is battled out in our minds... getting in the right frame of mind for me is often most of the work!
  • JelaineO
    JelaineO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dont be too hard on yourself and understand that you are only human! It's ok! :-) You could always make sure to get some exercise in today still!
    My bestie and I stupidly at the frosting off a donut today and ate a brownie each... its amazing how bad you feel after!