Hi all, need some support!

Options
This is my 4,627th time trying to lose this weight. This time I took a step I never have before and joined a gym and hired a personal trainer. I'm new to this site and really could use some support and friendship. I'm trying to lose about 150lb. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• torirodsmom123
    Options
    Hi! I am glad you joined MFP! I just joined today but I am excited to get to know some new friends who share my struggles. I have 100lbs to lose. I have been going to the gym since April but my biggest problem is food. I love it. :)

I have also had a personal trainer and I think it is great that you got one. The trainer actually helps you get started on how and what exercises would benefit you the most. I hate exercise. So much. lol. So, I found something for me that doesn't feel like exercise, but it is and that is Zumba. They offer it at 24 fitness so I took a class. Now, I like going to the gym. I have met wonderful people who help me stay aco****able for my exercise plan.

Just remember this may be the thousandth time for you to try but it can be the time that worked. Feel free to add me!
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Congrats on making the decision to get healthy. My goal is to lose 55lbs. I started about a month ago and am feeling healthier already. I know some days are going to be easy and some not so much, but with some support and friends we'll do it one step at a time! Lots of Luck!
  • Psykobabe
    Psykobabe Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, neighbor! I am in Columbus and joined the Y last week and am excited to get started losing this weight! Please feel free to add me :)
  • alemiszki
    alemiszki Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks all :) It's getting too stressful to be overweight. I miss being my athletic, healthy self. Thinking about it now, MOST of the people in my life only know me this size. I can't imagine what I'm going to look like when I drop all this weight.
  • torirodsmom123
    Options
    And you will. One day at a time. One obstacle at a time. Just making yourself aware of your desire to be who you once were and the visual image of how you expect to look will definately motivate you. The hardest part is when you slip. When you slip, just pick back up with the image of your dream and keep aiming for it. If you slip and look down, your likely to continue falling. You can do it! It won't be overnight. It won't be easy. But you are a fighter and you can do it. I have faith in you. :)