Heading to AppleBees...

Options
2»

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    They have a tilapia dish with rice and beans that is really good and low calorie. I think it's somewhere in the 350-450 calorie range last I checked.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    They have a tilapia dish with rice and beans that is really good and low calorie. I think it's somewhere in the 350-450 calorie range last I checked.

Yes! Really good. And they let me sub rice for veggies.
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    They also do "skinny" cocktails 100 cal per drink.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.ashx
    Second page down.
    You can find this type of info by Googling.. just about any restaurant. IMO, if people want others to do the work for them, I am wondering how committed they are to actually sticking with a healthy eating plan. It takes work!

Maybe the OP wanted peoples personal recs on what tastes good? Seems like jumping the gun to me to just assume she 'doesn't want to do the work'.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Watch the sodium! On everything! I like the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp, it's my favorite. 500 calories, but a whopping 2,440 sodium. An entire days worth!! Lots of water, just remember that. :)
    This! I haven't eaten there since I had one of the Weight Watcher items (lime chipotle chicken, or something like that) It was over 5000mg sodium!! No thank you!

I do realize this is not just Applebee's. Any restaurant food is likely to have far more sodium than I like to consume. When going out to eat, I see if they have nutritional information online. A lot of the chains do...most of the places I eat do not. I always consider the information as being low. Not only do they have like 20% leeway, I have yet to see a chef, or cook, measure when they are cooking. So the stats online are for the item exactly as prepared in the test kitchen....I dare say there may be a little more oil added, or a little larger protion served, in a working kitchen.