Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Does this happen to anyone

Options
2»

Replies

• HeyHay1234
    Options
    this happens to me all the time!!!!!! either A.) im waiting for dinner to be ready OR B.) im making dinner, and its like i wanna smack myself in the face because i was starving and waiting or cooking and then when its in front of me i wanna puke or im not hungry. :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    It used to happen to me. I've found that, the longer I'm eating regularly, and not forgetting to eat, the more often I'm hungry. Like, ravenously hungry. Doesn't take much to fill me up, but when I'm hungry, I am -hungry-. I've started making a bunch of meals at once, or all the stuff for it, and then just re-heating when I'm hungry. Easier for me. Also why I loooove my crock pot.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    No, sorry .... the entire time I'm cooking, I'm having BLT's (bites, licks & tastes) ..... and those don't even make a dent on my appetite :drinker:

Best of luck to you !
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yes, always.
    And that's because I eat while I cook....:bigsmile:
    Seriously, sometimes I wonder how any of you folks ever got fat in the first place between food aversion and just forgetting how to eat,
    Try just nibbling while you cook.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Yes it does happen to me all the time. My husband doesnt get home from work until after 7, I am starving at 4. I started making dinner begging at 330, eatting at 4, and he eats his share after he gets home. About the time I eat my night time snack. I found I just cant eat on someone elses schedule. ( which may be an issue with mom and dad in law come labor day weekend). they dont eat dinner until 9 pm. NOT. Im not changing what is working for me just to suit them. I will use my scale and meausuring cups and eat when I am hungry.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time...part of why I will make a dinner and feed my daughter at 6 pm (single mother here) and then often reheat something later in the evening when i'm ready to actually eat....

works for us.

Lauren
  • KeriW626
    Options
    I have a problem with forgetting to eat. (lots of people wish they did) Acutally you dont. Your body goes into stravation mode and you end up gaining weight. So when I started MFP, I set an alarm clock to remind me to eat. Now just to get my calories up.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Yes, always.
    And that's because I eat while I cook....:bigsmile:
    Seriously, sometimes I wonder how any of you folks ever got fat in the first place between food aversion and just forgetting how to eat,
    Try just nibbling while you cook.

Nibbling is another thing! I'll measure out some baby carrots or something and nibble away while I'm cooking. I have PCOS/insulin resistance, my metabolism hates me.
  • HeyHay1234
    Options
    wow. never thought of that way lol.:tongue:
  • KeriW626
    Options
    yes it does. I just gagged down my home made egg mcmuffin. I havent eatten today, so the only thing to do is gag it down. Ugh.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Eat, my friend. Eat and your body will reward you.

Sadly sometimes the reward is massive nausea and vomiting. :( There are just times where I can't even drink water. I just have to try one almond at a time for the hour or however long it takes to eat a serving. Many times it will 'awaken' a hungry feeling and I'll be able to eat. Some of the worse times I just feel sicker and sicker with each bite. Even thinking about food when I'm not hungry makes my mouth feel sour and stomach turn. :ohwell:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time! :smile: I wish I had the answer for why it happens - I am of the opinion that it happens because while I am cooking, my mind is otherwise occupied and I am not thinking about eating. It certainly helps with portion control so I try to embrace it. I may have to force myself to eat the food I cook, but I keep telling myself it is important to fuel the machine.

You are not alone. :flowerforyou: