Hormone injections

Options
Has anyone done the hormone injections and B12. I know it is expensive but my grandma offered and curious if anyone has done it and comments?

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I did not do b12. I was on hormone injections for problems. Went through the whole hormone therapy for almost 6 years. I will be 43 soon. I stopped all of it recently. They were not really helping anymore with the issues I started them for anyway. At first I lost weight really quick, I had gained due to problems. Last year I started gaining again, had all kinds of issues I'm not going to go into. Switched off the shots to pills hoping that would help. It didn't. Now I need to lose about 50 lbs. The odd think is I seem to be doing better with my issues off all the hormone pills. Maybe my body is leveling out on it's own.

I don't know why you are thinking of starting the shots so I can't really say much. Everyone is different. But I never expected all the hormone related issues I've had. It's early menopause in my case. But I have noticed certain foods affect me. And I found out a few years I had celiac's. Changing the way I eat has helped soooooooooo much! Being off the hormones helps because I am not hungry all the time.

No matter why or how a person gains weight, it always takes effort to lose it. I find it easier to keep a log online.

If you have any hormone questions you can msg me. I guess we can msg on here. I haven't looked. lol.