Hey there! I am new to this website.

Options
I just started using the website so I am really new to this!! So please be patient. I am currently wanting to lose 20 lbs by January 2010 (20by10). I think that's a reasonable goal for now. I am so sick and tired of being fat. My health has gone down hill over the past 3 years due to the weight. I am very excited and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Thanks for listening.

Ciao,

P.S. That's me (in the middle) a year ago - July 4th.

Replies

• jaminsmonster
    Options
    hi & welcome :flowerforyou: i'm new too, started about a week ago. Everyone here is so nice & supportive!!! Think that's a great idea to have a reasonable goal, i'm going for 20 lbs. too.

A great tip from everyone else that works is drink lots of water, it helps you not feel so hungry :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have fun
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    Hi I'm new too! Trying to loose around 20 lbs by march. You are more optimistic than I :embarassed: :embarassed:

I have loved this so far. Only been a week, but it is easy to use and really has made me watch my calories. Haven't lost yet,but I have a really good feeling.

Best of luck!:wink:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    With only 20, make sure to do strength as well as cardio.
  • margers
    margers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement! I thought I would set a reasonable goal - 10% of my weight by the first of the year. I am really hoping that I will stick with it---I have failed in the past.
    This website is very helpful and I really like the food diary. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week and let's make each day count!!!

Good luck and take care,

Margers