What do people really want? A liar or believer???

Options
ExplorinLauren
ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
Do friends want you to hold them accountable? Or do they want you to appreciate their struggles, and identify with them?

Its hard sometimes! I have several friends that always do well... with an occasional slip here and there ( not really a slip, more just like "life" they are always on the ball doing the right things... my heroes!)

Then I have other friends, who ... ALWAYS are over their goals... if not always... then 3-4 days a week. Everyone says good job... nice day, wtg, yada yada... and I feel like an idiot, bc I don't want to say "wow you really fell off the wagon today...and yesterday, and 3 days ago, and last week" LOL But I don't want to say "wow, you did great today!" either.... But I feel like saying nothing isn't helping me or them.

But, at the same time, maybe they are doing better than they EVER have before. So maybe I should cut some slack?

SIGHHHHHH... Idk. :( I feel like saying something to them makes me that person... that says "hey, your significant other is cheating...now what?" lol I hate having to point out the obvious... but I hate lying about it too! :( What do you do??!

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    say what you want and add a smiley or wink after it. mitigates the sting. ;)
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    im blunt honest and to the point i dont lie to anyone.. people will either love me or hate there is not in the middle.. **** em. im to old for games
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I want my friends to be honest.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm harder on myself than most of my friends could be.

That said I really prefer entertaining friends. Nobody can kick my *kitten* like myself.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself!

I have learned that I am a motivator! I will post positive comments on walls all day long, because I believe that it helps push those to keep up their great work! I have stopped commenting on people’s diaries, because I no longer have the time or desire to check out what they are eating. I feel like if they want my opinion then they will ask me. Otherwise, I feel like they know what they need to do to see results.

As for me and my wall, please feel free to be honest with me!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    They all differ in their needs and motivation, it is hard to tell at times. It might sound selfish but I'd do or say what made me feel best about myself. You don't want to feel like a liar.

and yeah, I'm probably hardest on myself, so I like encouragement and being around positive people. :smile:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I really don't comment much at all on my friend's food and exercise diaries. I never want to be generic with my posts, but I am starting to see how much it means to my friends so I am trying to get better.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I really don't comment much at all on my friend's food and exercise diaries. I never want to be generic with my posts, but I am starting to see how much it means to my friends so I am trying to get better.

not needed for me, I just love being friends with you two.. :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

not needed for me, I just love being friends with you two.. :)

thanks, that made me feel all special:blushing: