Looking for a good recovery protein shake that tastes good

Options
Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the food and nutrition section, but it seems more related to fitness so.....

I have a recovery shake that has all of the good stuff I am looking for - protein, glutamine and creatine, no stimulants, but it tastes horrible.

I am not looking for a meal replacement shake, but a recovery shake to use after workouts.

Anyone have a recommendations?

Replies

• cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno from Oxygen Fitness magazine had a very yummy post-workout protein shake recipe that I tried and it was delish!!!
    It's a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 5 cherries, pineapple juice (i use 1/2 of a small can), and half a banana. Mix in the blender and voila!! (I add ice and a little water if it's still too thick). It doesn't have the creatine and glutamine, but it does have the protein, and the pineapples have bromelain which aids in digesting protein, and cherries are known for helping repair muscles after a workout, and the bananas are an awesome source of potassium. So hopefully you try and like!! Enjoy! :drinker:
  • icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    gold standard hydro whey turbo chocolate. 140 cals 30g pro 2g carbs 1g fat. it tastes great (imix mine with either almond milk or coffee)

Whey Protein

There are three different types of whey proteins; Whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrates, and whey blends. Whey Protein Isolate powders go through the most rigorous filtering process to remove just about all fat and carbohydrates. In general, these powders will contain a higher percentage of protein compared to whey protein concentrate - around 90% protein, up to 97% for some whey isolates. They are also the most expensive of the three. Whey Protein Concentrate (generally around 75% to 80% protein) is much more economical than the Isolates because the process of removing most of the carbs and fat is relatively inexpensive, compared to getting the maximal amounts out to isolate the protein. Blended whey protein powders contain blends of various protein sources - including whey protein. These are recommended for general use throughout the day and at bed time

hope this helps