My NSV of the Day- What's YOURS?

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I hit my lowest weight of the year this morning.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My NSV was two days ago...my husband graduated from Basic Military Training this week and on Thursday during their Airman's run, he looked right at me and away. Later when we got to see each other, he told me he didn't recognize me at first because my face was so thin! He was also impressed with my loss and said my triceps were better than his!

Today we are going for a run once I can pick him up from base so being able to do that with him will be another NSV! Last time we tried to run together, I could only go two blocks at a time and have to walk. Now I can run 2 miles! Just hope this Texas heat doesn't kill me!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    These NSVs are so heartwarming.
    Great big well done to you all.

My own NSV is that as of today I am no longer obese!! :)
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My size medium yoga pants that I haven't worn in a month are now a comfortable fit instead of a tight squeeze, despite the scale refusing to budge.
    [:
  • knighthood77
    Options
    My NSV was two days ago...my husband graduated from Basic Military Training this week and on Thursday during their Airman's run, he looked right at me and away. Later when we got to see each other, he told me he didn't recognize me at first because my face was so thin! He was also impressed with my loss and said my triceps were better than his!

Today we are going for a run once I can pick him up from base so being able to do that with him will be another NSV! Last time we tried to run together, I could only go two blocks at a time and have to walk. Now I can run 2 miles! Just hope this Texas heat doesn't kill me!

Wow. Your spouse didn't recognize you. That's funny.
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My NSV was that I was able to purchase a new shirt that is smaller than I would normally ever buy, and its a completely different style than I have ever purchased in my entire life.

255328_10151100607541101_853844425_n.jpg
  • Roeri011
    Roeri011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I noticed this morning that my calves have definition!
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I noticed this morning that my calves have definition!

That is one of the first things I noticed on myself I love shaving now its like OOOoOoOoooo a ridge to shave over! That is awesome super happy for you
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Wow. Your spouse didn't recognize you. That's funny.

It took him a second, but no, at first glance he didn't. In all fairness, the last time I was this size, I had a completely different body...running has shaped it more. I almost didn't recognize him either, until he smiled. I'll always know his smile!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Good for you and thanks to your husband for serving!
  • CarBeanQueen1
    CarBeanQueen1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually have 2:

1. I was walking around in the store when i felt my undrwear just slide down... Thank God i was wearing pants. I felt so embarrassed until I realized no one could tell but me lol.

2. I was at home wearing a pair of jean shorts (the last item of clothing I purchased at my heaviest weight). I put my hands in my back pocket and the shorts just slid down off my butt. I was able to catch it mid-thigh.

I think its time to go shopping :)
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    NSV: My weight loss is "driving my husband crazy!!!"....you'd think we were "newlyweds" again!!! LOL:blushing:
  • kathleendunlop
    kathleendunlop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What a great thread. I played an hour game of field hockey today....nearly died but felt to good from it.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    One of the guys at work was driving by on a lift this morning and said, "Hey hottie!" Hottie? Me? I looked around to see who he was talking to and realized I was the only one there. He said, "Yeah you! Lookin' good!". I think I'm still blushing.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I see muscles!!!

photo_22.jpg
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    My husband has been losing weight with me and we realized last night that he doesn't snore anymore... Woohoo!
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    Mine are:

1. No more heartburn. I used to pop Tums like candy.

2. My wedding ring flies off when I do jumping jacks. It ha started getting tighter last month.

3. I can see dents in my legs where I'm starting to tone and get definition in all the fat. I like it.

4. I actually almost look forward to my work outs. Almost. :)
  • dgravley
    dgravley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor. My cholesterol went from 230 to 164 after losing only 12 pounds. Yes!!!:love:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I went to see my daughter today and she said "Mommie your so skinny" She says everytime she sees me I look like a totally different person, I tell her it's because I've damn near lost a whole person :)
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Social anxiety be damned, I went for a swim at the gym on a Saturday afternoon. My normal time is as soon as they open at 5AM in order to have as few people see me in a swim suit as possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!