2 stone in 10 weeks

Options
Hi,

I'm going on a Surf Holiday to Portugal on the 1st October. This means I have just 10weeks to lose two stone. Im really good most weeks but struggle at weekends.

Firstly is 2stone in 10weeks possible?

Secondly, what's the best way to do it?

Thirdly, anyone want to do the same and keep motivated together?

Looking forward to your advice and support :) xx

Replies

• MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    never mind
  • Trewski
    Trewski Posts: 8
    Options
    Good luck, 2lb 8oz a week, that's an ambitious goal. It's not impossible, but you'd have to be super good, you may want to think about adjusting your goal a little so that you're not diappointed if you don't lose quite that much.

Are you doing lots of exercise?
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think you are setting yourself up to fail and feel bad about yourself. You should be saying 'I have 10 weeks to my holiday - how much can I lose?' then be pleased with your self when you have lost 15 or 20lb.

Enjoy your holiday

Linda
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Too much in such a short time. I agree with Linda set yourself a realistic goal of say 1lb to 1.5lbs a week then everything else is a bonus.
  • jaimiefj
    jaimiefj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am quite new (speaking from personal experience only). I managed to lose 10kg in 6-7 weeks when I first started weight loss and gym. (holiday to turkey!!) And have now got to the 2 stone mark about week 10.

I started at 108.8kg and now weight 95kg. I think it's more realistic if you have a lot to lose but not impossible and wasn't too much of a killer for me. But then I was very determined. You are only going to manage this if you are too. Every decision you make about free time and food needs to be weighed up with your goal for surfing holiday.

Here's how I did it...

Set my fitness pal to lose 2lb a week (for me that's about 1500 calories a day)
    You have to log EVERYTHING!
    Calorie counting can be misleading so you have to be honest and make healthy choices. You could have quavers or a banana for 110 calories....you know what you need to go for.
    I went to the gym in the morning (and don't just go, push yourself hard my fitness instructor gave me a 3 week plan that stepped up after 3 weeks, it really helps as you want to make sure your fit enough to take the next step in your plan). My plan is all cardio and in an hour I cover 5 machines at high intensity.
    Then about 4 days a week i'd book a class at night (body combat, spinning, box fit, body pump).
    No booze.
    And I'm not sure if it's right or not but I didn't eat back all my excercise calories.
    I was lucky as I seen results quickly that really helped spur me on! Hopefully you do too !

On hols I ate what I want etc as you worked hard for it
    But I am back into a routine now (albeit not as intense)

Good luck and have a great holiday,

Jx
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position and wanted to lose as many lbs as possible before my holiday at the end of next month. In the past when I've lost weight I've done it by restricting calories and doing cardio and lost about 90lbs in 10 months but I looked ill, my hair and nails looked horrible and weak, my skin was spotty and grey... I looked tired and sick. This time I have about 30 lbs to lose and when I started I wanted to lose it all before my holiday, giving me about 60 days. I have lost 10lbs. However, I am doing insanity and the changes in the shape, size and muscle tone of my body are making me much happier that if I'd just lost weight as before. I'm eating a greater volume of (healthy) foods than I was a few months ago and feel amazing. I think, given another 30 days and some more hard work I'll look and feel toned, slim and healthy in my bikini and I'm not really that bothered about what the scales say! I never thought I'd say that!
    Perhaps this would be a healthier and more achievable goal? To tone up as much as possible?