Recipes for vegetables

Options
svesemenja
svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
Hi guys,
I really want to eat cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus, but I know very few recipes with them. Actually I know maybe one or 2 for each..

Any suggestions?

Replies

• nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Search for cauliflower pizza crust on the forums, haven't tried it but it gives you a healthy low-carb pizza base so yay :D

As for broccoli, you can add that to lots of stews (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10052/spring-chicken-in-a-pot try this recipe - I bet you could probably throw in some asparagus at the end of cooking too)

Asparagus is gorrrgeous grilled, put in risotto, or as part of the toppings for your healthy cauliflower pizza :L
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks...

I went to store today, and I was late, people already took the good ones.. I will check them tomorrow...
    I will try to make that pizza... sound very delicious..
  • kbaharaeen
    Options
    I steam cauliflower and broccoli until just tender, then drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and add a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper. Delicious!

Cauliflower is also very good roasted....just cut it into flowerets, drizzle with olive oil (you don't need a lot) and add any spices or herbs that you look, then spread it on a baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees until done...about 20 minutes. You can do a LOT of vegetables this way. Just adjust the roasting time as needed.