Very angry with myself.

Options
Hi guys - I need some friends and motivation, as right now I don't really have either!!

From January to April I lost about 8kg... I got within 500g of my goal weight and for a few weeks I just couldn't lose the last bit. I got frustrated, winter kicked in which halted my running (I have little kids and can't run till my husband gets home, in winter it is dark then) and I just gave up. I kind of felt confident, didn't use MFP any more after sticking to entering religiously. Slowly treats slipped in, I kept saying it wouldn't matter.... and of course before long I was right back to my old, terrible ways of eating.

So I am really embarrassed and ashamed. I am feeling pretty down at the moment and don't really have any real life friends that I feel I can talk to.

Somehow I need to get back on track. I am back up to within 2kg of my starting weight, so I now need to lose 7kg again.

Would love some encouragement and any friends adds.

About me:
32yo mum to two boys - almost 4 and almost 2
I work in a sedentry job 3 days a week (banking)
I live in Wellington, New Zealand :)

Replies

• sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you saw your error and now you are ready to get at it again. I do believe tracking makes all the difference in the world. I've only been at it 5 weeks but man...I think I may do it forever :) A nice fresh start, you can do it. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • charitas32
    charitas32 Posts: 58
    Options
    Anger is a good motivator, I am in a somewhat similar situation, having put back on all the weight I lost after my youngest was born ( he was 2 at the end of last mnth). Excerise wise I am trying to walk really fast with the buggy whenever he's in it and generally can get 20mins a day in, am going to add in more stuff once my oldest starts school in September ( gulp).

It's so easy to put yourself on the back burner with small children, but I can honestly say I already have more energy 3 wks in and long term seeing Mummy take care of herself is a good message to send. We can do this, even with the high cal skinny child snacks in the house.

Actually watching my boys eat, they frustrate me when they don't want dinner, but they do eat when they are hungry, and if full they don't finish dessert or the last bit of chocolate, maybe I should copy the never keeping still bit as well
  • HeathersHealthyJourney
    Options
    We've unfortunately all been there before. The good thing is, today is a GREAT day to start over! Keep your chin up! You can do this! :-)
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am so mad at myself for letting this happen. I always swore that it wouldn't! Probably a lesson to be learnt from that.