I've logged in for 85 days and????

Options
Hello. I've been tracking my calories for 85 days now. I'm down about ten pounds. It is extremely hot in our area right now so it is unpleasant to be outside...even in the morning. What indoor exercise routines have you used that were effective in boosting your weight loss? I feel like I need something!

Replies

• candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Do you have any excercise DVD's? Yoga and walk away the pounds are good things to do inside. Where I live cable has a fit on demand program. I normally walk an hour on my treadmill but I am assuming you do not have one? Do you have a wii? Maybe you can buy the wii fit program?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Tai chi. It's not aerobic but done correctly it builds incredibly muscle, helps focus and calm your mind, and burns SO MANY calories (it's exhausting).

Great in the heat because it's SLOW.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of You tube videos there are some great channels
    Fitness blender - they have a real mix from chair workouts for overweight/beginners to really hard core HIIT/Boot camp
    BeFit - they have videos from so famous celeb like Jillian and Billy blanks an they also have there own 90 day program
    Blogalties - she does a little bit of everything to contemporary pop songs an is reall perky and sweet
    Hope that helps :-)
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    NXD- how did you learn Tai Chi? Any good book/DVD recommendations? Not interested for weight loss but more for relaxation methods.
  • Loki1974
    Loki1974 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on day 6 of 30 day shred. You can do it indoors as long as the jumping jacks and butt kicks don't annoy the neighbors. (Apartment living?) I am doing it in the garage so I don't wake up the house with the noise and the whining :sad:
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's hot where I live too. So to beat the heat, I've joined a masters swim club. If swimming isn't your thing look into a water aerobic class. The best part is that they are full body workouts and low impact.