Vibram Komodosport vs. Komodosport LS ???

Options
CyberEd312
CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
Was curious to all the MFP members wearing Vibrams Komodosport's which they prefer the originals or the new LS model?? I want a good all around Five finger shoe, I am currently wearing the KSO's (which I like alot) but want to try the Komodosport due to its versatility. The only hang up for me is the new Lacing system on the LS model over the velcro strap on the original model... I looked into the Bikila model but that is geared more toward runners which with my bad knee's I am not.... Thanks for any input......

Replies

• CyberEd312
    Options
    bump, ok maybe for those wear the bikila LS model over the original... They have both the straps vs. the LS system....... Basically trying to get a feel for the Lacing system over the velcro straps.... Thanks....
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    Maybe 3rd times a charm lol.. bump bump... :-)
  • littlenotlarge
    Options
    Hi, I've had my Komodosports for all of 3 days and absolutely love them- they're my first pair of VFF's and could wear them all day! I was initially going to get the Bikila but realized the Komodosports were more all-round and good for gym work too. I went for the regular Komodos rather than the LS as the LS don't have the velcro adjustment around the heel of the shoe. I personally prefer the look of the LS but missing that adjustment was the deal breaker for me! Sorry I haven't been much help but didn't want you to go unanswered :)
  • CyberEd312
    Options
    Thanks I Love my KSO and wear them All the time... But I want an all round for Gym and Trail walking so I have been looking at the Komodosport's... I too prefer the look of the LS model, it is just the function of the Lacing system on the LS that has me questioning them. I guess I will find out because I pulled the trigger on the Komodosport LS Vibram's... LOL they will be here on Wednesday.... Thanks for input.....
  • littlenotlarge
    Options
    Would be interested to hear your verdict on the LS's when you get them... I'm already looking for my next pair (or two!) as they're so comfortable!
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Komodosport LS about an hour and a half ago. It was a complete impulse buy as I had just begun researching them and was just going into the store to try them on.

They are the most comfortable shoes I can remember ever wearing - and they were 1/2 price! So I am now wiggling my very happy toes.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Update - wore my new shoes for my workout this morning.

With kettlebells - they make your feet feel just connected with the floor. Loved it!

Did a short run on the treadmill since reading on the Vibram website to transition slowly. They have a very different feel when running so I can see the need for the slow transition. Really liked it though.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have KSOs, Sprints, Komodos - love them all. I believe the LS versions were made for people who have high in-steps. I have a fairly high in-step and it took me a long time to be comfortable wearing the KSO/Komodos (this was before the LS came out). I couldn't even get the Bikilias on over the top of my foot :(
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    waitng on my first pair of vibrams to arrive in the mail. I ordered the komodosports. I went to a store and tried on both styles. The LS I didn't really care for the laces. I didn't feel like my feet were connected to the shoe as well. I can't wait for them to get here.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing a 5k mud run with one of these. Would they be good for that type of race?
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    husband just switched to the new lace up style and wasn't sure about them at first but within the day loved them more than his old pair, he felt they were a bit more supportive in the cup of the heel and the laces provide a more even pressure across the top of the foot then the velcro did. On a side note I also let him wear them in public places more as they look a bit more like a shoe then his old ones.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So my shoesame in the mail last Saturday right as I was walking out the door to go to work. I got to put them on for the first time late Saturday night. I am totally in love with these shoes. I'm SOOO excited and can't wait to take them out for their first run. Thought about doing a short jaunt around the neighborhood this evening if it ever cools off. 101 is not a good temp to run in for me. I've worn them to a group study at church Sunday evening and shopping last night. I've had them on all day today and I hate taking them off as they are so comfy.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've not got any laced ones.

The komodos are fine, exactly the same as your ksos.

The bikilas, they're a bit loose, im not happy and I think I'd benefit from the LS, but I've yet to try them to give you a concrete answer.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The difference b/t the LS &regular is more on the fit & not the function. Although the bikalas are "geared" for running, 99% of that is marketing. I do a ton of running in the komodo sports w/o issue. I'm sure u could do any activities in one or the other &not tell a difference as long as the fit was good.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    JM> i wore my komodosports in the spartan race in june which was the best decision ever. it was incredibly muddy and rainy all day. slogged through a swamp, giant mud bogs etc. it allowed me to 1)move easily 2)not lose a shoe 3)climb more efficiently and 4)weigh less than those running around me with giant waterlogged sneakers.