Yoga Meltdown?

Options
I'm going to be starting Yoga Meltdown soon. Anyone else?

Replies

• NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's pretty terrible. :( So far it's the only JM DVD I don't like, but man do I hate it. I hope you have a better experience with it, but of you've ever done yoga with a good instructor you may be disappointed.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I've only ever done yoga with Wii Fit, so hopefully I won't be disappointed :) Plus, I'm getting it off of Netflix, so if it sucks I'll just send it back! Thanks for the info :)
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Netflix has JM workouts!? Darn you Americans with your superior Netflix catalogue. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and I like it, but like you, the only other yoga I've done was on the Wii. :tongue: If you're familiar with Jillian, you know she likes to ramp things up, so it's a lot of yoga poses with movement, then holding the pose for 30 seconds. It's not a high calorie burning workout, but great for strength and stretching.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It's on YouTube free. I don't love it or hate it.. is rather do another yoga video though. Lately I'm not a jillian fan
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it when I finish the 30DS. Going to start on Aug 1st. I'll send you a friend request. I've heard it's not great but I'm into giving it a try. Going to do it for the month of August. I was hoping there would be a group but it doesn't sound very popular... I wish us luck!:flowerforyou:
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like it but I don't really consider it yoga either lol, I would say that it's more of a resistance workout to add muscle to make you better in some yoga poses :P
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I prefer a real yoga practice and didn't like Meltdown at all. IMO, if you are interested in fitness style yoga, check out Beth Shaw.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I prefer a real yoga practice and didn't like Meltdown at all. IMO, if you are interested in fitness style yoga, check out Beth Shaw.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give YM a go and then check that out.
  • stellasando
    Options
    Check out the yoga videos by Mark Gonzales. He produces some of the best yoga videos I’ve seen out there. High quality, excellent flow, great instruction and he creates such a great workout experience. Check him out if you can!
    http://vimeo.com/channels/poweryoga