I am stuck at my current weight

Options
Hi everyone.

I am so inspired by everyone on mfp and the success stories I have read :) I just wanted some encouragement. I have lost 20 pounds and have 15 more to go. I was 156 pounds and am currently 136. My target goal is 120. I have been sticking strictly to mfp calorie counting and just started Jillian michaels 30 day shred. Does anyone have any tips to loose those last pounds?

Thanks

Replies

• stlceecee
    stlceecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hot2molly138,

I say keep going and dont give up. Youve come to far to give up. Jillian Michaels is a good work out dvd. Should help you give you the boost you need. Good Luck!
  • mom2threeQTs
    mom2threeQTs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Kind of in a similar situation. Started off at same weight, but was stuck in 140's for months. I began running again, and always track all my calories. Was very discouraged to see minimal movement, but thankfully I just kept on going, because as of this morning, I am at 139. I figure weight comes off slower when you are building muscle. I made sure I also took weekly measurements. Although the scale is moving slowly, I am starting to fit into the clothes I wore when I was in my 120's.

Just keep doing what you are doing. Reducing sugar, sodium and carb intake can give you a boost too... but I think things will pick up again once you've been doing the shred for a while.
  • Foren6chick
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing what you need to be doing! You are changing your workout routine to give it a boost with JM dvds. Just be sure to drink a lot of water, and stick with it!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I used to roll my eyes when someone said they "only had 10 to 15 pounds to lose." I was looking down the long road of needing to lose 127 pounds. NOW, I'm in the last 10 pounds phase and these pounds won't budge. I now understand when people say the last 10 are the hardest. Your body doesn't want to let it go. Just stay the course, maybe change your goal to lose 1/2 pound a week and that might help shake things up. Try intervals and keep up on the weight training.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keeping on and include both cardio and strength training. And -- while you're doing that -- be sure to check measurements off the scale. You may not be losing weight, but you may very well be losing inches, which is as important -- if not moreso -- than what the scale says.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What kick started me in the right direction again was changing it up. Sometimes our bodies get used to what we are doing and needs change. I would walk anywhere from 30-60 mins. During those walks I would start to jog a little. Maybe a min then catch my breath. Did that 4-8 times a walk. I said jog not run, no need to get hurt as the speed wasnt the point. After a few weeks I could jog 4-5 mins, few weeks later 15-20. Not saying jogging is for you, but a change in your exercise could be what is needed.

my 2 cents... good luck!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Reduce the carbs, increase the protein, and add intervals! The rate of loss changes a lot, depending on how overweight you are. So the last 10 are definitely the hardest! Are you still losing inches? You may be losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • Hot2molly138
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to track my inchese now. Hope this helps! Good luck to us all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!