SAHM 10/5-10/11

lettuceb
lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hello! We are a group of Stay at Home Mom's that motivate and support each other. We are open and welcoming to anyone who wants to join so feel free to jump right in! :smile:

Replies

• Yay for SAHM's!
  • Happy Monday! Eventhough I'm not to sure how happy it will be. I am starting to feel sick and in the past that is a really good excuse for me to throw it all away...I'm not this time though!

Shea as for the aunt flow (love that name for it:laugh: ) I always seem to gain weight during that time of the month but again I usually eat way worse during that time too. I seem to crave crazy amounts of carbs and sweets. It's almost that time for me to so it will be interesting how I deal with it.

I think even if you do gain though, if you know you are eating right then it will just go right away so don't let the number get you down. Maybe you just shouldn't weigh while auntie is visiting and you won't get discouraged either way.
  • I would love to join. I'm a SAHM and full time college student so there are days I REALLY need the motivation.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Welcome ChriStrength & aimstein! :flowerforyou:

I had a good weekend. I ate too much, but I stayed active too. We got some of our Halloween decorations out. We're going to finish putting the lights on the bushes this week. I did well on my water intake, but not on logging my food. Unfortunately, McDonald's now has Bakugan toys, so we went there for lunch 2 days in a row! :noway: I'm afraid with the Bakugan toys there, we're going to be eating there more often.

When I was in college, the Happy Meal would satisfy me. I used to get them all the time because the other combos were too much food. Now my hunger is satisfied after eating a big mac & medium (what USED to be the lg) fries! I should get back to eating the kid's meal! It's still not healthy, but should help those cravings.

I hope everyone has a happy Monday!
  • lettuceb
    Welcome all you new ladies to our group! :smile:

Amy--we got most of our Halloween decorations up this weekend too. I still have stuff to put up inside the house but the inflatables and lights are up outside. I love Halloween!

I have put on some water weight but my body fat is down so I know that working out is helping to change my body especially since my jeans are looser :smile:

I need to get back on track with the eating!!! I cooked some butternut squash last night so I think I will have some of that for lunch.

Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Lettuceb- I have never had butternut squash how does one eat/cook one of those? I'm trying to challenge myself in eating a vegetable once a week that I don't normally buy and that's on my list to try but I haven't a clue what to do with it?

sunnyd30- keep it up. I've been fighting a cold all weekend and I had NO energy to speak of. I wanted to work out but didn't really feel up to it. Instead I walked on the tredmil and before i knew it I was feeling much better and stayed on for 45 minutes then did the same thing yesterday and stayed on for an hour! Thanks for the advise to, I'll stay off the scale this week I know if I gain i'll just be disapointed.

Have a great Monday everyone. :smooched:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hey everyone! I understand about the monthly time Shera! I like Sunny's idea with not weighing yourself. I always gain weight then too. I retain alot of water then.

I am a little sore today ladies! :ohwell: I don't think I will be able to get any exercise in today! I rolled our tractor yesterday. I am fine...just way sore!:ohwell:
  • lettuceb
    Nicole--glad to hear you are ok!

I have had no motivation today!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better:grumble:
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Hey Guys!!

So, update first....we're all doing really well. The house is basically cleaned out, and we're hunting for a new place to live until the house is rebuilt and ready for us. We found the cellphone and the last few pictures I was missing, so all is accounted for.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Just a reminder....PLEASE check your smoke alarms, and meet with your insurance agent. Be informed about your coverage.

okay...Now.....

Pictures....
    The back door, looking into the dining room...kitchen in the distance.
    d1.jpg

Living room
    P0a34v9s.jpg

Girls Room
    d2.jpg

Brendan's Room
    P0a34tbd.jpg

And for all that...I'm getting back to eating right tomorrow. :) the place we're staying has a gym and a hot tub (and a MAID. :drinker: ) :laugh:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Oh NO! I am so sorry! That is so scary! Im glad u recovered ur pics, that has always been my biggest fear with fires is losing my pics. Glad everyone is okay!
    Hey Guys!!

So, update first....we're all doing really well. The house is basically cleaned out, and we're hunting for a new place to live until the house is rebuilt and ready for us. We found the cellphone and the last few pictures I was missing, so all is accounted for.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Just a reminder....PLEASE check your smoke alarms, and meet with your insurance agent. Be informed about your coverage.

okay...Now.....

Pictures....
    The back door, looking into the dining room...kitchen in the distance.
    d1.jpg

Living room
    P0a34v9s.jpg

Girls Room
    d2.jpg

Brendan's Room
    P0a34tbd.jpg

And for all that...I'm getting back to eating right tomorrow. :) the place we're staying has a gym and a hot tub (and a MAID. :drinker: ) :laugh:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    had a good day today! Stayed with my diet, didnt drink as much water as i should tho. Did 40 minutes of chest and back it was a very good workout. Getting really sleepy so im about to call it a night. check back in tommorow!
  • lettuceb
    Angiered---wow! those pictures are something....I am so glad you and your family are ok and I hope the insurance takes care of things....I understand what a hassle that can be :angry:

I am stressing out these days and I really need to go to the gym today and push my body in my strength training so I can relieve some of that stress. I also need to get back to carrying my water bottle around...I haven't been drinking enough water lately so, those are my goals today....drink more water and go to the gym.

Have a good day ladies :smile:
  • nicolee516
    angiered-WOW! As long as you and your family are ok! I know it is an emotional battle when something like this happens! Hang in there!

I am not quites as sore today, I am hoping to go out for a run/walk today. I did really well yesterday with my eating...as much as I wanted to eat because when I'm not as active, that's all I think about!

Have a great day ladies!
  • lettuceb
    Shera---I forgot sorry, but I just cut the butternut squash in half and placed about 1" of water in the pan and cooked at 350 until tender...about 40 min or so...then peeled it and you can put honey on it, little brown sugar etc....it is like pumpkin yummy!

Made it to the gym and burned 411 cal with lifting and running on the treadmill now off to get Caden from pre-school :smile:
  • nicolee516
    Good morning everyone! Well, I did actually exercise yesterday. I did a run/walk of 2 miles. I found out that if I kept moving yesterday, it was better for my stiffness from my accident! Double bonus! :bigsmile: I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Angiered,
    Oh my goodness, have you had a week! Just to think I may have complained! I hope your recovery is quick :0) Insurance companies are no fun, stand your ground!

I vow I shall NEVER bake an entire batch of any sweet again without a clear recipient in mind. I ate 4 brownies over 2 days, therefore went over on calories for 2 days. NEVER NEVER NEVER

I will however send them to work with my husband, great way to still bake, and support out troops Hooah!!
  • My goodness Angiered! That is so scary seeing those pictures, the damage that was done right where you all sleep! It great to know you and your family are all okay.

Today marks my 1st weigh in day and I lost 8 pounds! It feels good...nonw I just have to keep up the good work:)
  • nicolee516
    Great for you sunnyD! I have had a bit of a stiffness going on this week from my tractor accident, so it's great to hear that you are doing so well!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Angie, I'm so glad you and your family are OK! (((hugs))) Those pictures are scary! I agree with just2bfit to stand your ground with your insurance company. They can be difficult to work with. :flowerforyou:
  • lettuceb
This discussion has been closed.