Turbo Jammers-October

Options
Hey team...starting a new thread for the month!
Casey:bigsmile: :glasses:

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Jammers!!!

Well, I am starting up CE again. I think my 5 week break did me good, and now I'm ready to get started again. This morning was Burn 1 for me, and I'll do some cardio later today. I decided to do CE instead of P90X, so I could get both strength and cardio in, and not just one.

Well, time to get some work done. Have a great Monday!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning team!
    Safely back from vacation-I was glad to be home even if it is a LOT cooler than where I was or even when I left! It's def fall here in Iowa! Finally got to see Jason last night as he was away fishing for the weekend...
    I am SORE today-and I rarely get sore. I did the new ChaLEAN workouts for lower body and core on Sat-I didn't do all of lower body or push it hard as I had a long run yesterday, but between that, the new core, and my 14 mile run-OUCH! The core especially...def recommend that one!
    I now have a LOT more ChaLEAN workouts to mix up....my new program is all about mixing it up and keeping my body guessing. Strength wise I am doing one week ChaLEAN and then one week of mixing it up (like turbo sculpt, other ChaLEAN strength workouts, etc), then one week of ChaLEAN...so this week is Burn week, then next week mix it up, then Push week, then mix it up, then Lean week...etc. Cardio wise I'll mix it up with all the new different CE workouts I have, along with running (half marathon in 2 weeks!) and walking. I might also mix in some other things too..and once half marathon is over might start to incorporate Insanity!
    Anywho...best get to work..back to reality:sad:
    Casey:glasses:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning!! I'm back :D
    I've been working out for the most part. I'm starting CE AGAIN as my husband is non-complient and that is not working out with my OCD about getting the exercise time in. So...today I start week 1 and Burn 1...AGAIN. UGH. I will eventually get through this program. In the mean time, I will find other workouts to do with my hubby when he's willing to workout.
    Hope everyone's been well!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, it's my first day on maintenance and I'm probably going back on a deficit next week. I have 4 miles a little later today. And since I have the evening off I thought I'd try to work on my home business a bit after the boys finish their homework.

Happy October!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Has anyone tried Chalene's Get on the Ball workouts? Just curious if anyone has tried them and what they think?
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Has anyone tried Chalene's Get on the Ball workouts? Just curious if anyone has tried them and what they think?
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    I haven't but judging from her ball workout I got on the CE Upgrade I would say they would be very effective!:wink:
    Casey
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    checking in with 20 min TJ this am before work. I've been mixing it up too, alternating between the FIRM and TJ - just to keep me interested and my body confused. I haven't lost any weight but people keep telling me I look very fit. Can't wait to see the scale reflect the efforts but for now that will do.:wink:
    Went to a party saturday night and way overindulged in the treats so it's back on track for me today. I got in a really good workout yesterday evening and ate more sensibly - I saw a 5 lb difference between weight sat am and sun am. Still had only come down 2 lbs as of this morning - seems like my body takes a few days to rebound after sweets and high sodium food.
    It's going to be a great week and I'm hopeful for all of us achieving our goals.
    Ab Jam on for me later and an "express" cardio w/o to round out my day.

Have a great rest of the day all,
    J:heart:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I had soooo much energy after work today, so I did Power 90 Sweat 3-4...AWESOME!!! Glad I got some cardio in today!!!

Now, I'm getting ready for some Vikings vs Packers...go Vikings!!!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Morning all,
    I did Burn 1 last night and then a new Chalean workout this am: Extreme Intervals. It a lot like Burn Intervals (well not a lot but that type of workout) but she uses the ball a lot. I like the workout..but need more room as you swing it side to side while jumping side to side and also lift above your head. Also-first time through hard to keep up when she switches sometimes-but will get it down next time. She also uses more than 5lbs with some of the strength parts-so will play around with that.
    Tonight I'll do the new yoga workout with her upgrade...sometime when not watching the Twins! Jason is like on a mission...it starts at 4 so I am sure he'll be leaving work early:)
    Spiral: Why do you start over? Do you get out of it for too long? Good luck-men!
    Janet: Good to see you again! Keep rockin out the workouts-and trying on the nutrition..it takes time to get it down to what works for you! I agree..it does take a while for body to rebound from off eating day, higher sodium, etc.
    Fitz: Great job! I normally will root for the Vikings as I hate the Packers..but I think Farve is a jerk!
    Keep it real girls...
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I got in a really good workout yesterday evening and ate more sensibly - I saw a 5 lb difference between weight sat am and sun am. Still had only come down 2 lbs as of this morning - seems like my body takes a few days to rebound after sweets and high sodium food.

Ooh, I'm with you there this week! The extras seem to be coming down on maintenance though which is an experiment that's working brilliantly. :laugh:.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,
    It was a busy day today for me at work. I felt tired and stressed getting home, but I still pushed and finished my Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs. Felt great afterward so thats good:wink: It's my rest day tomorrow but I might be doing some TJ with a co-worker at work haha-I know I know-sounds like I'll be getting alot done right? Well, the office is open with no doctor so we really don't do much else:blushing: lol..anyway, then it's probably a walk with my one friend again in the evening:smile:
    I'm hoping my decision to do maintenance cals is a good one, I'm still worrying over it, but I guess I'll give it some more time, and continue to monitor my weight and see. :ohwell:
    It sounds like everyone is being pretty successful with their workouts! Keep it up!
    Have a good night ladies, check in tomorrow:tongue:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I managed to get in CE Burn Intervals last night, and WOW did I bring it! I had a record calorie burn on that one...I rarely workout at night, but man did I have a lot of energy! I might have to try working out at night sometimes!

This AM was Burn #2. I'm not sure what workout did it, but I am SOOOO sore today! I rarely get sore, so this is weird for me! I'll have to do some Yoga tonight to loosen up!

Well, off to get ready for work! Hubby is out of town, so I gotta get my butt in gear to get the kiddos to daycare and off work in time to pick them up too!

Have a good one!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Checking in with TJ20 and Booty Sculpt for last night.

I'm doing my salsa/zumba class later on so wont be jamming tonight unfortunetly.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Morning jammers,
    Spent most of my night last night watching the Twins on and off...eventually sat down in the 8th inning...only to have it go for 12! Good game though..and they won thankfully! Lord if I am going to watch that long they freakin better! Although I do admit..Joe Mauer ain't bad to look at:)
    This am I did Burn 3 (switched Burn 2 and 3) as I had a fitness assessment that I had to be in early to work for. Will do some core/walking at lunch and then some cardio after work..perhaps walking and turbo jam!
    Little frustrated with weight as it's up and down daily- mostly due to stomach-super annoying! Most days I have no idea what I actually weigh-which is kind of annoying:grumble:
    Peace out...:glasses:
    Casey
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Morning Jam Family,
    Haven't disappeared :laugh: Checking for yesterday w/ CP1 before work and FIRM Hardcore scuplt - which is the best sculpting w/o I've used - got throught 3/4 of it using 10lb weights!! Yea me!! so that was 85 minutes for me yesterday, woo hoo!! Did 20min TJ before work and PK & J is on for tonight!!
    Tracking much better with the food I'm happy to report - oh, and I've discovered HUMMUS!! So wonderful and is a great change from mustard /lite mayo on a turkey sandwich, also super satisfying on carrots.

Will check in later have a fantastic day and keep up the great work ladies,
    :heart: :heart: Janet:heart::heart:
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! Just checking in quick, I just finished up dinner-kinda late:grumble: ..Oh well, anyway..had a pretty boring day but my coworker and I did do TJ Fatblaster and AbJam at work:laugh: So all in all, was a good "rest day"-so much for that..lol! It was waaaay too windy for a walk with my friend so skipped that. Plan is Lean3 for tomorrow and I usually do some sort of extra cardio but I might not and count today's workouts for that (didn't use any extra cals tonight and won't go over much tomorrow).
    I hope you all had a great Wednesday! It certainly sounds like it! WOOHOO!
    Janet-I :heart: :heart: :heart: hummus! Oh so yummy! Enjoy!
    Goodnight everyone!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Well I did Punch, Kick, Jam after work last night-had such a blast! I hadn't gotten to to much of the cardio turbo jam lately and typically do cardio in am. This morning I did a tempo...that was a TOUGH workout-I burned over 425 cals...even with my 5 mile runs I usually burn only like 380 tops. I am so tight..so gotta get some yoga in after work-probably the new CE one. I think my tempo run prepared me for Insanity-which I'll be getting here probably in the next month! I watched a clip of it last night of a girl doing it-we'll see if I can hack it!
    Good to see you Janet!
    Good job on the workout lilangel-and so true on the cals..just gotta keep monitoring it and figure out what's best for you!
    Casey:bigsmile: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I have been Turbo Jamming since Aug 13 and I love it. I'm going to start checking in here daily with you guys....

Yesterday I did the 20 minute turbo Jam in the AM, Turbo Jam 3T after work and a 3 0minute walk with a friend afterwords.

This morning I have done the Turbo Jam Fat blaster.

Since starting TJ. There is such a change in my stomach and shoulders and chest!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey everyone, maintenance is going well. I might actually stay on maintenance for another week and see where my weight normalizes because I think I'm still losing.

I'm enjoying the walks and am very proud of my sons for handling the walks as well as they have been. My older son gets a bus in the morning so he walks 1 mile a day but my preschooler walks 2 miles and loves it.

Anyway, it's another 4-mile day for me. Nice work everyone!