What day do you weigh?

Options
So this is my second time around with MFP and the first time I started weighing on Sundays with good results. Somewhere along the line I started weighing Fridays and thats when it seemed to just all fall apart. I guess I felt like since I weighed on Friday that meant Friday and Saturday I could goof off and eat all the bad stuff in those days since I didn't have to worry about what it would do to my weigh in on Sunday.

What day do you weigh? Do you think it has any impact on how you diet?

Replies

• PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 311 right now. I weigh myself every day just out of curiosity but I'm not getting healthy to see the numbers go down. I know that will fluctuate. So not seeing a change on the scale doesn't dissuade me from eating healthy at all. If anything at all it spurs me on.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Saturday first thing in the a.m for me (my work week starts on Sunday). No goof off days for me, I want this weight off this time and right now am highly motivated to lose it. My weekend though is Friday & Saturday.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I weigh Sunday to avoid "weekend eating".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much daily, but Friday or Saturday was my official day. I know that if I'm going to go out to eat, it's going to be on the weekend, and I'm always up 2-3 pounds on Monday morning from excess sodium in restaurant food. It's always gone in a day or so, but a Monday morning weigh in would have been depressing. :laugh:
  • annadavidson1984
    annadavidson1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Tuesdays. It helps me keep myself more focused on the weekends!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays since its the start of the week : )
  • Johnny0003
    Johnny0003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays because the weekends are hard and I fluctuate between excellent control and zero control but i still have the rest of the week to correct the behavior.
  • karae16
    karae16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I typically do Monday mornings. I do tend to "cheat" a bit on the weekends so I figure Monday weigh-ins keep me a little bit more controlled.
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    Sunday morning, gives motivation for week ahead and you can some exercise in in the Sunday if things look grim on the scale.
  • peacheznlace
    peacheznlace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First thing Sunday morning is my official weigh in.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I choose one weekday per week because I drink more water and eat more during the weekdays. If I only weighed on the weekend I wouldn't work out nearly as much!
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ha! I have no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe I should, but I just jump on the scale whenever I remember to do it. I want to lose the weight, but the steps and calories are the numbers I obsess over. I do weigh myself in the evenings though for consistency.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I need to buy myself a scale...but I'm afraid I'd be tempted to weigh every day...and that's not good. So I weigh at my parents once a week, usually on Thursday afternoons after I swim for a few hours.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Wednesdays. I found that doing it on Friday did mean I would over indulge too much on the weekends if I got a good result. When I weighed in on Sundays I would get too frustrated that even after not cheating at all on the weekends nothing changed. Wednesday works great because I still have a little cheat every Saturday to indulge whatever I've been craving, but I feel the motivation more to work it off extra hard by Wednesday, as well it keeps me motivated to continue working out throughout the week whether I lose a lb or two or not.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I weigh every morning after the gym. LOL.... it's a habit
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Saturday's but not very often only every 30 to 40 day's depending on when I can fit it in and remember to (I use the public scales at the local Boots store). :happy:
  • Bondgirlforever
    Bondgirlforever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So this is my second time around with MFP and the first time I started weighing on Sundays with good results. Somewhere along the line I started weighing Fridays and thats when it seemed to just all fall apart. I guess I felt like since I weighed on Friday that meant Friday and Saturday I could goof off and eat all the bad stuff in those days since I didn't have to worry about what it would do to my weigh in on Sunday.

What day do you weigh? Do you think it has any impact on how you diet?

This is my first time using MFP (as in my first day I am counting in Sunday, yeah, I am OCD. Lol)

But, in the past when I have used WW and another site (unsuccessfully), I weighed in on Sunday's for WW and the other site, I weighed in everyday so I could get a moving average and see the numbers.
  • spippin73
    spippin73 Posts: 60
    Options
    Weigh on Thursday...keeps me motivated to stay on track thru the weekend - but whatever works for you!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to the gym in the morning.. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I only record the Wednesday weight though since that is the day I started with MFP. This way I am using the same scale, wearing the same clothes (a towel) and it is the same weigh-in time each time I weigh myself.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I weigh-in on Fridays. It just happened that way because that's when I decided to start losing weight.