Gotta get back, and then some...

Options
Hello all, I've been on here for about one and half weeks and really like it. It keeps you in check, at least as far as the foods you eat.

Anywho...I'm from Phoenix and my girlfriend and I are on here, as well as some from our family.

A little over a year ago I was about 5lbs away from my own weight goal and in really good shape. I had a completely different mentality towards working out. I always wanted to be at the gym or out running if I wasn't at work. I was eating really healthy. What helped me get that way was my thought that I could join the Marines and go to OCS (I'm 25 now).

Then it all stopped. Little by little I just let myself go and forgot about the military as a realistic life choice at that time. At this point I hadn't met my girlfriend so I don't attribute it to her. I simply stopped exercising...no gym, no running...and stopped eating healthy. For example: one day I decided to eat, say, a huge cookie then kept going and going each day thereafter just eating whatever until I reached where I am now.

It got real bad where about a month ago I was huffing and puffing over the slightest bit of exercise. I tend to attribute some of this to my knee that I injured in January but I don't like making excuses and it doesn't explain the poor eating.

So now my girlfriend and I have our personal goals and are helping each other out. We both want to get to that certain weight and keep it that way. We gotta get back to that healthy eating and exercising habit. For me, I won't go crazy like I did when I wanted to become a Marine officer in terms of how often I'd go to the gym, but I will make it a routine again. Its a matter of getting to that mentality again where I like being there.

The title refers to getting back to where I was weight-wise and less, if possible.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to my girlfriend and I reaching our goals, the journey to get there, the support from you all, the support we may give back, and the support from our friends and family.

Replies