At what age did you get your mojo?

Options
124»

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Found-29...Lost-33. Four of the best years of my life.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Good question. I guess around 19? It comes and goes but I have a pretty stable sense of self these days
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I would say I got it at age 21, but I pretended to have it before then.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Like.... Now.

Just getting a handle on it. Quite like it.

^This :D
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Still don't have it. Maybe some day. I'm working on it.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    like at 10....lost it ever since.
    no kidding i had a first gf at 3rd grade :laugh:
    i have no confidence anymore whatsoever...
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Early 30's...I got more confidence as I aged (esp from teens to 20's), but I feel I really (and I HATE this term) "Found myself" in my 30's which basically means I stopped giving a Fruck what others thought of me, and really saw myself as something.
  • fiwen30
    fiwen30 Posts: 10
    Options
    19/20. Big group of friends who were interested in the things I said, an active nightlife, my first real jobs, a s**t load of travelling and life experience, plus an engagement. A year on and 200% more responsibility has me very envious of myself a year or two ago.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mine comes and goes. On an upswing at the moment. :wink:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    At around 16. It was summer and I went to a theatre camp and everyone constantly told me how gorgeous I was. One of my friends at the camp told me girls would actually have full conversations about how pretty I was when I wasn't even around. It really surprised me. I always thought of myself as an ugly duckling and no one other than people in my family had called me beautiful before. That's the first time I remember feeling honestly pretty.

Year by year, I feel like my confidence approves. It wasn't until recently that I became way more confident around members of the opposite sex. I guess it was something about turning 18 and finally being "legal". haha :wink:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sometime during college.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I think it was my sophomore year in high school. Have never looked back!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Early 30's...I got more confidence as I aged (esp from teens to 20's), but I feel I really (and I HATE this term) "Found myself" in my 30's which basically means I stopped giving a Fruck what others thought of me, and really saw myself as something.
    i hear ya!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm not really seeing that happening for me.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I answered back on page 1 that it happened at age 19, but didn't give much detail (cause I was on my phone at the time). I was extremely awkward, gawky, shy, ugly, etc. all through school and got picked on/made fun of, you name it. I "blossomed" at 19 and realized that hey, I'm pretty ok!!! :bigsmile: My mojo shot out of me like a bat out of hell!! I even became a stripper at age 21!!!! :noway: I've been called gutsy, feisty, b!tchy, etc....My hubby told me when he first met me that I had chutzpah and I've been showing him that chutzpah for the last 16 years! :laugh: I am not afraid to let my freak flag fly!!!!

BTW, I'm almost 44 and have no intentions of ever letting my mojo get away from me! :drinker:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Still waiting.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You know, your confidence. Your OOMMPHHH!!!!!

I say, I got mine at about 32. It took a while.

I just got mine as well, 32!!!! Hah Hah! They say your 30's are the new 20's!!!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    It never occurred to me not to have it. I believe growing up with a confident mother and five aunts had a lot to do with it.