Zig Zagging Calories

Options
So I know I only started this thing two weeks ago but the first thing I read up on was the zig zagging calories and it sounded like it really made sense so I have begun my journey by doing this. 2 weeks in and I have lost nothing really. My ticker says 5 lbs but in the first week it fluctuated quite a bit and I weighed in this morning and it was back up to what I started at. Any ideas as to what is going on? That means I would have lost 5 lbs in the first week and gained it all back in the second week, yet I didn't change anything. I read something in women's health magazine this weekend that said to lose a lb a week while working out for 30 minutes/3 times a week a person could (body weight * 11). That being said I supposedly could eat 2046 calories a day and still lose a lb a week but MFP says I can only have 1440 to lose 1 1/2 lb a week. I am so confused! Please help! :frown:

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    hmm well the only thing I can come up with is that throughout the week your weight does fluctuate. And I've noticed that doing measurements with my check-ins shows a lot too. You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. Are you also measuring yourself I would try that and I'm sure you'll be able to see a little bit more of what's going on. Hope any of that can help, good luck!
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    MFP takes into account the daily calorie burn that you would have for a normal day based on your answers and subtracts 500 cal per day. So 500*7=3500 cal = 1lb fat. If you exercise more than normal you need to adjust so you dont put your body into starvation and really make your metabolism stop.