Any high protein/low carb frozen entrees on the market?

Options
Hi everyone,
Is any one aware of a particular brand of frozen entree, like Lean Cuisine etc., that offer low carb meals. I'm looking for something I can take for lunch.

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't know about frozen entrees but they may be high in sodium.
    When I pack high protien/low carb lunch I take half a can of chicken or a whole can of tuna. I mix it with 1C spring mix or spinach and add .5 an avacado. Also .5C cottage cheese w/cinnamon and .25C of berries. Plus a protein drink. IF you need a snack- a hard boiled egg and some cut up celery w/ almond butter. If you prepack the night before and put everything in little containers, it makes it easier. I love packing my lunch and I love eating!
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I didn't find any yet. They have bunch with decent protein, like Healthy Chef I'm buying in Costco, but they have 55g of carbs, so i usually don't eat it. It is very hard to find low carb things, I found tortillas from la tortilla factory, you can fill it up with chicken,tuna, salad or what ever, and you have a meal.
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Amy's Organic makes Light & Lean meals. I love the burrito.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. All of the frozen meals I've seen on the market tend to be lower in protein and very high in sodium. I have started cooking my own meals and bringing them in for lunch. You'd be surprised how fast you can prepare meals. I have a job where I work long hours and travel a lot and I still find that I have time to cook. I just multitask and do it in the evening.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I don't know about frozen entrees, but I just prepped some extra today to have for lunch one day.

I just discovered Dreamfields pasta. Today I made a serving of pasta, then added 6 small frozen meatballs, and like a TBS of pasta sauce. Like 15 carbs and 10 fiber. I have another portion prepped in a freezer bag for later this week.

most of the time I make a HUGE salad with romaine, cukes, 1/4c shredded cheese, 2-4oz protein, and sometimes 1/4-1/2 an avocado.