Need a Weight Loss Buddy

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Anybody out there need a weight loss buddy or starting a new group? I'd be interested in starting the month out right...Kim

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm game. I try to do groups for specific things, but always end up following something different than originally intended.

I really just need to stick to my plan. My downfall is fast food. I need a way to stay away from it. It's evil:devil:

Shannon
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im in! I wanna lose at LEAST 30lbs before the new year, when we start TTC for another baby! I just need to end my BOREDOM eating now! Happy monday to everyone!:drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    actually a girl and I are working on creating a fitness/diet/support/motivation group (hehe) we're just working on a name and days of check ins, you want in no problem! any ideas for anything we're working on, please chime in!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK...your right fast food is evil...

How frequently do you want to check in? What support do you need? I basically need a good kick in the butt when I start to falter.

I like good easy recipes which I can share with you. My new goal is a small plate filled with 1/2 veggies, 1/4 meat and 1/4 carbs...it's easy to follow and hopefully painless

My downfalls are alcoholic beverages, eating food without even realizing I am putting it in my mouth and dining out with poor choices

Nice to meet you!!!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I'm in!!! I really need help and motivation especially with TOM!!!! I'm in a wedding next week and I'm just trying to maintain where I am and not put on any weight. Not to mention I'm fighting against Fibromyalgia which is an uphill battle anyway. So I say BRING IT ON!!!! We can win this fight together!!!
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sounds good... I'm in
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    If you guys need any motivation, I am willing to help! I am trying to lose weight as well and just signed up today. It seems really nice here. Just message me if you'd like to talk about losing weight!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looks like I'll be the only guy, but that's okay!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im in...i need all the help i can get..and i agree...eating out is the biggest challenge i face. When im at home im good cause I can control everything...but any help will always be appreciated..WE CAN DO IT!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    eating out can be really hard. just focus on ur goals and make simple substitutions. I know its hard but u have to do it!

instead of alcohol or soda. ORDER WATER
    instead of pasta or rice, ORDER BROWN RICE OR WHEAT PASTA
    instead of fries/mashed potatoes, ORDER STEAMED VEGGIES OR SALAD
    and most importantly, instead of fried, order GRILLED/BAKED

u get the idea.

Good luck everyone!
  • outdoormom09
    Options
    Sure - I'm new I'd like to have a buddy :flowerforyou:
  • KerryChery
    Options
    IM in, lord knows I could use some motivation and any suggestions about meal plans would be great! Anything to stay on track
  • arzgirl5
    Options
    Me too! What should we do??
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • MindyAZ9
    Options
    I am all up for it. I would love to lose about 60 lbs. so Anything that will help.
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    Count me in, I need as much help as I can get!:smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Would love to join, here are my goals/ideas for the group:

1) Cardio exercise 3 to 5 times a week
    2) Strength training 2 to 3 times a week
    2) Review logs, give honest feedback
    3) Share one new recipe a week that tastes good, easy to make and kids' like
    4) Set a timeframe of 2 or 4 wks

Thanks, Kim
  • nisijam5
    Options
    1) Cardio exercise 3 to 5 times a week
    2) Strength training 2 to 3 times a week
    2) Review logs, give honest feedback
    3) Share one new recipe a week that tastes good, easy to make and kids' like
    4) Set a timeframe of 2 or 4 wks

Thanks, Kim
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! What day should we report in?
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i would love to join this group.