Calling all Lincoln UK Users!

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for some fitness pals to be able to go out and about with as training partners. I'm in good physical nick, my fitness is good-very good, but I'm bored of the dreadmill/ergo/stationary bike but hate running alone as is hard to push myself and potentially unsafe and it can be dull! Likewise with cycling.

I have a decent road bike, so no need to worry about someone with shoddy kit/ill prepared.

Likewise, if you're not quite so fit, I do enjoy spurring people on and can run like a sheep dog back and forth (training benefit for me but potentially you too?!) I live just outside of Lincoln City in the LN5 area.

Looking for pals for any outdoor physical conditioning, be it long power/brisk walks, running, cycling etc etc.7

It may be worth mentioning, I'm in the military too so that may or may not float your boat when it comes to views and if we'll get on... but ultimately, I'm just looking for a phys partner!

Apply here! :)

Kind regards,

Val

Posted here too as its for help and someone may be looking here later.

Replies

• saltandice17
    saltandice17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dayum...so close yet so far. I'm from Lincolnshire :bigsmile: Hope you find somebody though :smile:
  • _Speedy
    _Speedy Posts: 16
    Options
    Can you not join a running club?
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Can you not join a running club?

Running club costs and too formal and not that flexible... Looked in to it... was thinking Lincoln Wellington... but those that I spoke to were either for 35years+ or as I say, far too formal and not what I'm looking for... besides... they don't cycle too. I don't want two memberships! Looking at base too... but not as easy as it seems!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Is there a local tri club? Wish I was just a little closer, so I could help.
  • _Speedy
    Options
    Rubbish clubs then. We are spoilt for good clubs around here, we have ultra competitive ones, good tri-clubs and good all-rounders. One of which I am a proud member of. Hope you find a solution sonn Val.
  • _Speedy
    Options
    ... And my running club is £18 a year... peanuts really. Non competitive membership is a fiver.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Ln6 north hykeham here
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    ... And my running club is £18 a year... peanuts really. Non competitive membership is a fiver.

You're so lucky... its about £45- £65 here. Boo!
  • _Speedy
    Options
    I suppose you get what you pay for, we don't have track sessions. If we did the fell runners wouldn't use them. So all our training sessions cost next to nothing. We meet at the local leisure centre and have use of the showers so we pay a fee for that but otherwise our overheads are small. We have a subsidised camp in the Lakes once a year. The proceeds of our races (Lostock 6 road race and Hendersons End fell race) go to local scout groups and local mountain rescue. Maybe you should see what you get for your pounds before seeing if its expensive. Some people pay £45-65 a month just for a gym!