College football Saturdays

Options
Any avid college football fans out there? Well, my current situation is i've been doing P90X for the past 3 weeks and am getting stronger but my Saturday's i FALL OFF the wagon. i tend to grill during the day and have more than my share of "cold ones". Then Sunday, "i'm under the weather" if you know what i mean. i do great M - F and weigh Friday AM and seem to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. Then, after the weekend i weigh Monday i have gained those lbs back. Then, i lose that weight back through the week and do it all over again. i wish i could not "party" so much but i enjoy watching my college football w/ a few brews and red meat. Any alternatives??? WAR EAGLE!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge College Football fan, Saturdays are never more glorious than between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

That being said the last beer I had was Labor Day Weekend when my brother and I watched 13 hours of college football. I'll probably not have another one until Oct 17th when I go to Manhattan to watch my Wildcats take on Texas A&M.

Don't know what else to tell you than to try and limit it to one or two on Saturday. Maybe try grilling chicken instead of red meat. I do know it's impossible to out excersise a bad diet...and I've been busting my *kitten* too much to screw it up.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm right behind you... I love to have a few cocktails on the weekends and it seems I am always working during the week to loose, what I lost last week, but ate over the weekend. Sunday's tend to be my worst day!!!!!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So are you not losing anything, or still losing the 1-2 pound a week but just fluctuating? If so, 1. weigh once a week, perhaps on a different day, and 2. Simple answer is to stop drinking that much. Set a limit, pre-log it, and stick to it. There's no magical tip. Just change the behavior.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Im with you however Im more an NFL freak, GO PACK GO (Favre's goin down tonight) And I enjoy a beer or two but since joining I've switched to MGD 64 and I make Chili (for good luck, huge tradition in my family) and that's very good for you and filling so you eat less and have less room for the liquid pork chop!! Good luck! Woo hoo Badgers whooped Minnesota on Saturday, we're on a roll!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yea the college weekends are temping (GO GATORS) but ever the pro games get me eating (GO STEERLERS) SO I end up having to jump on the trampoline now in front of the TV...It helps me burn some calories while watching the games. I am trying to be good and at least eat heathy light popcorn, or if I eat hot wings I don't eat as many carbs.