hi i am new

Options
hi i am jennie. i am new to this so i really dont know what to do on these boards. i have allot to lose , like 150 pounds or so. please dont think bad of me cause of that. i have met with many lets just say grumpy people when they find out i have that much to lose- not sure why though. well looking forward to getting started hope to get support here.

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    You took that so important first step you joined and have reached out for help. A support system in place does make it so much easier. I sent you a friend request and look forward to losing weight with you.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    good luck on your journey!! :-)
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just sent you a friend request. There are a lot of people on mfp who started out needing to lose 100+ lbs. I started out 11 weeks ago with a goal of losing 96 pounds. I love reading the success stories on here. There are so many people on this site who have stuck with it and have had amazing results! Search for friends and send requests to anyone that you think you have common interests, goals, anything. I don't think I could stay motivated without hearing those good jobs and those keep going from my friends. Blessings to you!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow really?! thats sad that people give you a tude or act different towards you when you tell them how much you hafta loose?! whats there trip? its you not them that hasta loose it!! i vote if people are negative then you dont need them in your life/surroundings!!! and I commend you for taking this step on MFP.. and not going for weight loss surgery like so many people are now.. more and more and more... not saying thats 'bad' persae.. shoot i was thinking about it.. and i 'only' have about 50-70 #'s to loose... it can get overwhelming and im on week two and i love it.. very encouraged that you EXERCISE... you earn calories back too.. addicting. raelly!! and you can count things like 'cleaning house' or cleaning floors.. things you wouldnt think.. i ate bfst this morning.. then did "light moderate' house work and burned my breakfast off! lol..:drinker: