Need motivation!

Options
Hey everyone! My name's Hannah, nice to meet you.

Im not usually the type to talk about feelings but im pretty fed up when i look in the mirror and want to change. Its hard at home because my family are generally unhealthy and I feel surrounded by unhealthy tempting foods with no one to keep me motivated. I know its not an excuse but im sure everyone knows what I mean.

If anyone wants to add me so we can help each other I would be really grateful. By myself i managed to lose a stone then put it all back on plus more :( I just want to keep it off!

xx

Replies

• jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It is difficult living in a house where it is "unhealthy" and I am assuming you mean junk food and lack of workingout. I live in a home with my wife and 5 children and there is never a shortage of unhealthy food. But I have been doing p90x and a drastic change in my diet. The awesome thing is that my family has now started to eat better or at least question what they are eating. They often ask me if it is healthy or not. Often they'll still eat it, but if anything my change has caused them to think about what they are doing.

Think of it this way, what if you are what will make your family "healthy". It will be hard, but maybe you are the one to make this happen not just for yourself, but others!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hopefully with time, your family will start getting behind you. In the meantime you need to stay focused on your goals and how you feel. MFP will definitely be supportive. My biggest advice is to make it a lifestyle change and don't look at this as a diet. Create reward for yourself for hitting little milestones, log on to MFP everyday, good or bad and just keep at it.
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name's Hannah, nice to meet you.

Im not usually the type to talk about feelings but im pretty fed up when i look in the mirror and want to change. Its hard at home because my family are generally unhealthy and I feel surrounded by unhealthy tempting foods with no one to keep me motivated. I know its not an excuse but im sure everyone knows what I mean.

If anyone wants to add me so we can help each other I would be really grateful. By myself i managed to lose a stone then put it all back on plus more :( I just want to keep it off!

xx

Feel free to add me FrizzLex. :)
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day. :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It must be hard if your family are unhealthy, but you just need to have the willpower to ignore junk food and make sure you're healthy, and you're doing exercise.

I've got 2 young children and they just eat what my husband and I do, so they're pretty healthy too. I think i'm the only person with a 3 year old who refuses things like chocolate :smile:

My husband is pretty good, and he's been making an effort to be healthier and do exercise. He's been doing that P90X that jmorales mentioned.

My biggest issue is tiredness if my kids have had a bad night, and just wanting chocolate or something for energy, and having to ignore that craving and eat an apple instead!
  • K8lin1985
    K8lin1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'll add you so we can help each other! xx :smile:
  • Newbeginning1212
    Options
    I'm back to mfp again and really determined to stick with it! Could always use motivation, feel free to add me :smile:
  • HungryRainb0w
    Options
    Feel free to add, I'm always happy to cheer others on : ]
  • frizzlex
    frizzlex Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I know with you guys on here that I will be able to stick to this :) I also work in a beach cafe so it's hard to stay away from the junk food but deep down I know it's the best thing! Thanks everyone
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Believe in you and you can do it! One step at a time. Support is very helpful also and I've found a lot of it here! Feel free to add me. You can never have too many supportive friends!
  • lmangelic
    lmangelic Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Linda and i'm finding it very difficult to stay on track. i have lost weight but it is so very slow at coming off, since hitting the menopause its an uphill struggle just to get a pound off.
    i know i need to keep at it but it is so hard to stay motivated. someone Help me please.
    i need all the help i can get.