FITBIT

Options
Does anyone have a fitbit? Is it worth the money? Tell me all your thoughts and suggestions, please!!!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do a search. There are LOADS of threads on this. Think about the omron 720 which also downloads to software and the Tanuta one which is similar size (dkesnt download). Both are MUCH cheaper. It depends what functions you want.
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a fitbit? Is it worth the money? Tell me all your thoughts and suggestions, please!!!

Fitbit is rubbish unless you are in the US.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Why is it different in the US?
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Can you tell me why? I'm in the Uk and was planning to buy one next week....
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options

The problem for UK users is the food database is very much US centric, a poor selection of UK based food. Would be hard pressed to find anything "Sainsbury's/Waitrose" etc

Overall find it better using a combo of HRM like Polar FT4 and using MFP :)
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK but I live in Ireland and I love my Fitbit - it sync's nicely with MFP and I would be totally lost now without it. It logs activity like the Wii but no good for yoga or swimming type activity so I log these manually.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options

The problem for UK users is the food database is very much US centric, a poor selection of UK based food. Would be hard pressed to find anything "Sainsbury's/Waitrose" etc

Why log food on FitBit when MFP has a better database and syncs over to Fitbit automatically? The FitBit is a fantastic tool that's worth every penny. There are dozens of threads on this AND a discussion group for FitBit users. I think you'll find that most people are very happy with theirs and the customer support is top notch (replacing lost units for free, etc).
  • cervezafred
    Options
    I've had a fitbit for about a month and it has been a great purchase. I use MFP to log all my food and it automagically syncs to Fitbit's website. I also use the endomondo app(android or iphone) to sync my workouts from my phone to their site too.

See the fitbit user group for ALOT more info:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love love love mine. If you set it to sink with your mfp account (easy 10 second job) then your food transfers over to the fitbit site. Very easy to use. My activity levels have increased incredibly since I got mine. Absolutely love it.. p.s I'm in the UK! Hope the personwho says it's rubbish for users reads this as that isn't an issue at all! X
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    just saw the fitbit at target yesterday. didn't know they sold them
  • GammaTuna
    GammaTuna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Why don't the people that don't like it because of the food database just synch to mfp? It works a treat. The fitbit itself is a great motivator, I have the dashboard set up on my computer as the homepage and everytime I walk past it synchs and lets me know how many steps I have done, but better than that, my overall activity level. I recommend it over omron everytime.
  • JoanneRuddock
    JoanneRuddock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hope I find it as good as everyone is suggesting I have just ordered one from play.com so should have it in a few days
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm living in France and i have a fitbit. No problems so far with it, MFP and the Fitbit sites are partners therefore the total calories intake from MFP synchronizes to Fitbit and the total calories burned from Fitbit synchronizes to MFP.

The only problem I’ve had so far is that the clip that we use to attach the Fitbit to our clothes broke barely one month after I got it and I can’t find a new one. So maybe a little difficult find extra accessories when you are out of the Us but that’s basically it.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply but that issue won't put me off as I don't intend to use it for logging food. I do that on MFP.

• saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options

The only problem I’ve had so far is that the clip that we use to attach the Fitbit to our clothes broke barely one month after I got it and I can’t find a new one. So maybe a little difficult find extra accessories when you are out of the Us but that’s basically it.

Contact their customer service dept....they may well send you a replacement free of charge!
  • isouda
    isouda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Why don't the people that don't like it because of the food database just synch to mfp? It works a treat. The fitbit itself is a great motivator, I have the dashboard set up on my computer as the homepage and everytime I walk past it synchs and lets me know how many steps I have done, but better than that, my overall activity level. I recommend it over omron everytime.

Exactly. I have MFP linked to fitbit and the combination of logging food on MFP and tracking my activity on fitbit has me almost at my goal within 6 months. I was appalled when I discovered just how inactive I was on my first few days using the fitbit and that inspired me to move more which has made all the difference :bigsmile: