Wedding day successes!

Options
Bunnehface
Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
Hi ladies (and gents!)

I am in the process of losing weight for my wedding day next year - among other reasons.
I am currently 31lb down, 53lb to go to get to my healthy goal weight in the next 15 months.
I'd love to hear from brides (and grooms!) who successfully lost weight for their big day.

X

Replies

• Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oooh bump! I want to know this too - working towards a wedding in summer 2014!
  • MJesuele126
    MJesuele126 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    me too!!! wedding day 3/23/13
  • Jody2525
    Jody2525 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the friends request. I am so happy for you. Congrats on your up coming wedding also. I am sure you will reach your goal.:flowerforyou:
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    Congrats ladies! :) I know I can do it...I'm too stubborn not to haha, and I have other motivations like being a healthy role model for my baby girl, but it's great to have a target and a date to work towards!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm on the same Journey as you. Trying to lose the rest of my weight before my wedding day. getting married in the spring. I've got another 75 pounds to go. I may not make it, but, I'm gonna try damn hard to.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did it!

Feel free to friend me!

I started my journey in June of 2011. I received my pictures back from an engagement photo shoot and couldn't believe that the person in the photos was me. I felt huge and wasn't happy. My weight loss journey started with wanting to look good in my wedding pictures and I am continuing it because I want to be happy and healthy.

Before: at 179
    <html>
    before2.jpg
    before1.jpg

After: around 143
    525783_375288959197110_61018634_n.jpg

181234_374892012570138_745869174_n.jpg
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful! Well done, it's amazing that just a few pounds can make such a big difference to how you look and feel :)
  • loserforlife
    Options
    LOVE IT you look so great!
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    @Goldsmithsara You make such a gorgeous bride! Congratulations, and hope you had a wonderful wedding. :D
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the photos! You look gorgeous! I'm trying to tone up for my wedding in October (it's coming up so fast!) and just to get healthy.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear stories, see pics, get any tips on how you all succeeded. I am getting married in October of 2013, so 15 months to drop 40lbs, totally do-able!
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am trying to gain a bit so that I don't look like a walking skeleton when I walk down the aisle next year. So far I'm doing great, and so are you!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies (and gents!)

I am in the process of losing weight for my wedding day next year - among other reasons.
    I am currently 31lb down, 53lb to go to get to my healthy goal weight in the next 15 months.
    I'd love to hear from brides (and grooms!) who successfully lost weight for their big day.

X

Wedding in less than two weeks!!!!

I haven't met my goal (which was small to begin with...5-10 lbs) but I have definitely seen changes in my body with regard to muscle tone and slenderness...my wasit and hip measurements are smaller which is great.

Congratulations!!!

What are your colors-do you have your dress! Wedding planning is so fun (up until the final two weeks...then it's mayhem. Ye be warned).
  • NiennaMariee
    NiennaMariee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Wedding next June, so I would love to keep track of all your successes !
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My wedding is on August 24th, 2013!! I have lost 34 pounds so far and have 20 pounds to go!! I am always looking for fellow brides-to-be motivators!! I'm not crash dieting! I'm completly changing my lifestyle! I want to maintain this after the wedding so my weight loss is very slow but it sticks!! Everything I do, workouts or food wise, it's something that now just fits into my lifestyle!! We can ALL DO IT!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I didn't. I get married in 18 days and just saw pictures of myself from a wedding I was in in May. I look terrible. Not at all how I want to look on my wedding day. I've made a little progress since then but not nearly enough. I wish I had started and actually stuck with this journey enough in advance to reach some of my goals. My current goal is to lose about 35-40lbs by Christmas. After the wedding I'm going all out since I won't have to worry about fitting into a dress and paying for more alterations.

Best of luck to all of you. I sincerely hope you get to where you want to be for your big day!! Congratulations!
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ok ...I got married 3 weeks ago and bought my dress in a sale just after Christmas and it nowhere near fitted me when I bought it - it was the sample size and that was within bugest and I knew it was THE dress....

so...before...(December 2011)

winterwonderland.jpg

and after....

309419_10150978498306559_1654960099_n.jpg
    165933_10150978507291559_807181872_n.jpg
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it on here, but before my wedding 5 years ago I lost 35 pounds doing the South Beach Diet and exercise for my wedding (186 to around 150).

Unfortunately I used the loss of my gym (moved to my hubby's town when we got married) and the adjustment of living together and cooking together as excuses for why I couldn't work out and eat like I was before. This Saturday will be 5 years since our wedding day, and I've gotten back to around 165 in the past 8 months :)

You can totally do it, just don't lose focus after the big day and undo it!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you looked AMAZING! well done and congrats too!
    you looked ok bad beforehand, but if you weren't happy its great that you did something about it :)
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I tried.I was engaged in November 2011 and then we married May 26,2012.I was down 25 or so pounds.I was no where near where I wanted to be but it was ok. I hated it and how fat I look in my wedding pics but it was ok. I planned and did everything myself, worked a full-time(plus after-school hrs)job,raising 2 boys and all that that comes with,and plain ole life just stressed me out. I had to put the diet on the back burner.After the wedding and the honey though I have began again. In the end he loved me no matter what and thats what mattered. :) Good luck. You have lots more time!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!