This is getting ridiculous now. Why is this happening?

Options
All through my weight loss journey, I pretty much managed to balance sweet food cravings with willpower. I didn't exactly deny myself, but I stayed away from trigger foods and didn't let it jeapordise my weight loss.

Now, however, I am being tested. I live with my Auntie and cousin and the temptation is rife. I had three ice-creams today. At work yesterday, I gave into temptation of half a cookie and half a cinnamon swirl.

What's happening to me? :/ It's like I know I shouldn't eat it, but I still do. I rebel against myself. I even went to the gym yesterday, after a long closing shift at work, past 12 at night, bust my butt, only burnt 250 calories.

I am, quite honestly, scared. I feel like I am never going to get back into my grove and lose the rest of this damned weight. I regained 1.5lbs so have 19lbs to go. It's overwhelming. I find it so hard, at my Aunties. I just want to go home :cry:

Replies

• lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over a weak moment. Each moment is another chance to make new choices to change. I am a food addict but have noticed since I gave up Diet Coke I don't crave sweets as much. I am doing weight watchers and they do make some good ice cream bars that are only 2 points but I won't buy them because I know I would probably eat the whole box.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That really, really sucks. :( The only advice I can give you is to give yourself a reward (NOT food) when you avoid temptation. And make sure you have something on hand that is good for you AND you like when the ice cream is around. If you quit cold turkey, it will be 2-3 weeks before the cravings are gone and that stuff isn't tempting anymore. I know you can do it!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Do you have to stay at your Aunties? Why can't you go home?

Temptation will be everywhere though, whether it's your Aunts, a friends birthday or whatever, ultimately it's up to you to decline or limit food which you don't think will help with your weight loss.

We all go through stages where we falter, don't be so hard on yourself and get back on track! :flowerforyou:
  • AimeeBaumgartner
    AimeeBaumgartner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with a magazine or something else i like besides food.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    make sure that the people around you know that they should not be trying to get you to eat those foods.. if they already know... remind them :P