New to MFP, looking for friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here! Very user friendly and lots of support! Feel free to send me a friend request. This journey is much more fun when friends are with you all the way! :) I'm always looking for friends for support and menu ideas. :)
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I have been here 60 days as of today. If I hadn't joined I would never have been able to lose the 18 lbs (and counting!) on my own. Definitely a great place to be :)
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've only been on here for 4 days and love it.
    Add me if you want, I'd love to have more friends. It definitely helps keep motivated.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • sumner23
    sumner23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on here for about a week and a half and have already lost 8 pounds, my husband has lost 11! It's amazing! Welcome.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me :) And that goes for everyone else too..
  • hcline04
    hcline04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. Welcome tp MFP. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • athompson333
    Options
    hi!! :) I'm new as well, I started on Wednesday! :) I added you, so we can help motivate each other!! :)
  • itsmackenzie
    Options
    My husband and I are new to the site as well so feel free to add me, I'm looking for any encouragement as well.
  • itsmackenzie
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies and friend requests! We moved from the UK to Canada about 4 months ago and since it the first time in my life I've been without a car I thought the weight would fall off without effort as I'm walking all the time. The weight hasn't budged because I am walking at the rate of a 2 and 5 year old and mostly because I had no idea just how many calories I was consuming before I started logging on mfp. I can't believe how much butter and cheese I was eating!

Some days are harder than others, I have been doing this for 2 weeks and am starting to get bored of cucumbers/hummus/chicken/etc. I am really looking forward to learning tips, recipes and getting motivation when I need it most :smile:

I stopped drinking soda two years ago May and I thought for sure drinking 8 to 10 cokes a day and stopping cold turkey I would lose some weight and I lost nothing. It was crazy. I'm also getting sick of eating grilled chicken salads and turkey sandwiches and am getting excited to try some new recipes. Thats one of the things I am loving about this site after the ability to chat with people in the same situation as myself. If you find any good recipes pass them along please.
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Hello! I've been here off and on for a couple years only using the food and exercise tracking. Just started using the support side and with an open food journal, having friends that can see it is helping keep me more accountable! Feel free to add me. I'm always open to more supportive friends!! I still have about 50 lbs to lose to reach my goal.