Cheat Day?

Options
Do you allow yourself a cheat day every week? If so, has it impacted your loss?

Replies

• xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    I allow myself a cheat day, I still lose 1 lbs a week, it just depends on how MUCH you allow yourself to eat and what of.
    If you don't allow yourself to hit those certain "must have" cravings, you'll drive yourself crazy, binge, and gain all the hard work back on your hips.
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    In the beginning I had a cheat day every week...and I've lost 28lbs so far so I guess it hasn't really impacted it....the problem can be if your cheat day turns into a cheat weekend and then you start to feel down..but as far as one day a week..it never really hurt me
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I always allow a cheat day! If you don't, you'll go crazy and binge. Since I started, I have not gained any weight back! A couple weeks I weighed the same, but never gained any.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't give myself a cheat day, because I feel as though you're going to more tempted to splurge that day and eat too many calories. I track my calories daily, and if I have enough remaining at the end of the day and feel as though I deserve something a little sweet, then I don't feel guilty treating myself :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I never "cheat" ...... if I want something, I eat it ..... but I always plan for it, adjusting the rest of my meals AND exercise. If at a ballgame, I'll want a hotdog, chips & beer ..... when hubby wants pizza, I'll have one slice & a salad ...... during the summer I want icecream ..... for Thanksgiving, I'll take a BITE of every thing :drinker:

I think I'm pretty savvy now & have even made decent decisions during vacations, power outages, snowstorms, and hospital stays.

One day at a time, one meal at a time ..... best of luck to you !
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I eat a cheat meal every week, sometimes twice. and no it has not impacted my wt loss. If anything it hels me feel like I am not depriving myself and I look forward to it all week. Also, when everyone is eating junk all around me, I know that I wil get MY CHOICE of junk on Sun night!!!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have always had a splurge day since the beginning... I use those days to have things I am craving. I try not to go too drastically overboard, but this for me is a lifestyle change and if I cut out everything I once enjoyed I will never stick to it. I have lost 84 lbs in 15 15 months so I really can't complain.

I don't eat back my exercise calories hoping that will balance it out. Lately I have moved to 2 splurge days (which I am trying hard to break out of it) and with this have been maintaining...

It's all in what you are comfortable doing, but I like to remind myself this is a lifestyle change not a diet so you can't cut it all out. You will binge and fall back into old habits. Good luck.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No I never had/have a cheat day. I still eat things that I love just in moderation.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I eat a cheat meal every week, sometimes twice. and no it has not impacted my wt loss. If anything it hels me feel like I am not depriving myself and I look forward to it all week. Also, when everyone is eating junk all around me, I know that I wil get MY CHOICE of junk on Sun night!!!!

I agree, it really pushes me thru my week knowing it's coming!!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I do a cheat/Spike day every Friday. That is the day that I eat that sugary cereal, PB&J, Pizza for dinner, ice cream. I do not gorge on these things, but I do eat them.

I feel it has helped a lot because if I am fixing the kids lunch and I want those chips....I know that I can have them Friday. Also, I have lost weight doing this. Oddly enough, it seems like Saturdays, I have a hard time hitting my calorie goal, like I under eat Saturday. It is not on purpose...but I have noticed that trend.

My "diet" is not a "diet" it is a way of life. And I want to eat fun food with the family on Fridays.
  • georgeypeorgey
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every saturday to replace one of my normal meals. I allow myself to eat anything I want for that meal and it's always a good thing to look forward to at the end of the week ^_^
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I don't allow myself a cheat day, because if I go over, I just feel bleh. When I go over, I usually hit some equipment and work it off. I would accept a cheat day if it were a special occasion, like a date, Holiday, birthday. But not an every week thing. I already eat stuff I normally would, just less of it. No reason to cheat.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That was today for me! Check out le diary :)