Day 5 of 30 Day Shred - anyone else at the same point?

Options
Tomorrow is my day 5 of the 30 Day Shred and my legs BURRRRRRN!!!

Upper body's not too bad, but for the first couple of days I thought my calfs would explode and now my thighs have a constant burn as well!

When I first looked through level one I thought 'pffffft, easy'. I was SO wrong!! Individually the exercises are pretty straightforward, but the way it's put together makes a pretty awesome workout for just 20 minutes.

Is anyone else at around the same point? How are you finding it?

Replies

• ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    D1L1 today. Definitely tough-had to take a couple breaks. I think I'll feel it more tomorrow. I feel good that I did it.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Let me know how your calfs feel tomorrow, LOL!
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll be on Day 5 tomorrow too!

The first two days were definitely hard for me. Especially the cardio. My calves felt like they were gonna split in half! :ohwell:
    BUT, I've noticed I have a bit more endurance from the first day! Yay!

We can do this!! :)
  • mommie2monkey
    Options
    D2L1... thighs are burning! Hoping to see some results after D30!
  • kakklespakkle
    Options

The first two days were definitely hard for me. Especially the cardio. My calves felt like they were gonna split in half! :ohwell:

Yay! Me too, actually - I didn't think it'd get better so quickly. Are you going to do every day or take rest days? I was going for every day but a part of me thinks I'm crackers ...
  • emily406
    Options

Yay! Me too, actually - I didn't think it'd get better so quickly. Are you going to do every day or take rest days? I was going for every day but a part of me thinks I'm crackers ...

I'm going to attempt to do it every day. I'm also doing C25K and swim almost daily, so the days I do all of them are a bit tricky, but I'm determined! (And hopefully will stay that way throughout the entire 30 days!:laugh: )
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I startied this tonight. all three levels are on youtube! It was difficult but worth it...
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 but I will say that the first 3-5 days my calves and thighs were definitely feeling it. It gets much better if you stick to it. Each level is definitely challenging but not impossible and I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore. :)
  • emily406
    Options
    I'm on day 25 but I will say that the first 3-5 days my calves and thighs were definitely feeling it. It gets much better if you stick to it. Each level is definitely challenging but not impossible and I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore. :)

This is refreshing to hear! Haha
    Congrats on 25 days! You're almost there! :)
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well, today is my Day 15 of Level 2. But for the past few days, I've been doing level 1 and then level 2 right after. And I was suprised! Today I breezed through level 1. It DOES get easier as days go by! But, enjoy level 1 while it lasts. Level 2 kills me, I can't even do the modified moves all the way. That's why I have been warming up with level 1, so I feel successful a bit :) Good Luck!
  • befit7
    befit7 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello guys!! I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 as well. And yes, both my calves and thighs are getting the burn...though I feel the burn mostly on my calves. I thought at first that I was doing something wrong but reading all your comments here made me feel that I'm somehow doing them right...:) Good luck to all of you...and yes we can do this!!!
  • lewis350
    lewis350 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am on L1D8 and for the first 6 days my calves KILLED me!! I thought I had some muscle conditioning before starting 30DS, as I had been going to a personal trainer 5 days a week for 4 weeks prior to starting JM. But no they still hurt. I also don't like the arm raises with side lunge. But all in all I am determined to do this 30 days straight with out stopping......
  • JennieB19
    JennieB19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting day 1 tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any weights.
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one day 3. My arms are what is killing me! I have zero upper body strength so even with extremely light weights I feel like I am dying half way through each strength section!!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah-i'm feeling it! Its the morning after Day 1 & I am moving a little bit gingerly. But it feels good knowing I actually did it.
    Here's to Day 2!
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Started with d1 L1 today. Wasn't too bad but I think it will get worse tomorrow as I start to feel the effects.
  • MrsKillough
    MrsKillough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on D5L1 and am aching less and feeling like I'm getting a bit better at it, going lower into the lunges and so on. Still really hopeless at press-ups, though.

Jennie - I don't have any weights either, but tinned tomatoes are doing the trick so far. I don't know how heavy the weights are meant to be but I'm definitely feeling it.
  • kakklespakkle
    Options

Good to know it gets better haha!! It's the calfs that are the worst thing for me, the rest is like you say, a challenge, but do-able. Good on you for getting so far :)
  • kakklespakkle
    Options
    Well, today is my Day 15 of Level 2. But for the past few days, I've been doing level 1 and then level 2 right after. And I was suprised! Today I breezed through level 1. It DOES get easier as days go by! But, enjoy level 1 while it lasts. Level 2 kills me, I can't even do the modified moves all the way. That's why I have been warming up with level 1, so I feel successful a bit :) Good Luck!

Good god woman! Fancy using an entire workout as a warm up!!! LOL. You rock x
  • kakklespakkle
    Options
    Hello guys!! I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 as well. And yes, both my calves and thighs are getting the burn...though I feel the burn mostly on my calves. I thought at first that I was doing something wrong but reading all your comments here made me feel that I'm somehow doing them right...:) Good luck to all of you...and yes we can do this!!!
    Yeah I wondered if I was hurting myself tbh, but seems everyone has gone through the same. Good to know!