Sample Vegetarian Diet with Nutritional Values.

VEGAN DIET M.D.’s Diet Suggestion for Healthy Nutrient Value Food.

This sample diet provides 2,095 kilocalories, of which 13 percent come from protein, 74 percent come from carbohydrates, and 13 percent from fat. It can be seen from the following analyses that there is ploenty of protein in this diet, along with the other essential nutrients. The percent of sodium, rather than being too low, is actually appropriate. The ridiculously high RDA for sodium is reflective of the American norm and is much too high for optimal health. Dr. Joel Fuhrman M.D. Fasting and Eating for Health.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal (3 cups cooked); Oranges (2 medium); Apple (1 medium)

Lunch
Vegetable salad, made from lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, carrots, jicama, and lemon (8 ounzes); Kale (3 cups steamed) Potatoe (1 whole, baked)

Snack
Banana (1 raw)

Dinner
Vegetable salad, made from lettuce, celery, red pepper, carrots, tomatoe, and lemon (16 ounzes); sunflower seeds (1 ounce) Broccoli (16 ounces, steamed); Brown rice (2 ½ cups cooked)

Snack
Grapes (2 cups)

Nutrient Value and Percent RDA for Selected Nutrients of Preceeding Menu
Protein: 73.12 grms 149%RDA; Tryptophan 851.9mg 340%RDA; Threonine 2,493 mg 554%RDA; Isoleucine 3,011 mg 465%RDA; Leucine 4,565 mg 480%RDA; Lysine 3,185mg 398%RDA; Methionine 1,166mg 274%RDA; Cystine 1,048mg 246%RDA; Phenylalanine 3,124mg 657%RDA; Tyrosine 2,051mg 437%RDA; Valine 3,647mg 561%RDA; Histidine 1,633mg 296%RDA; Calcium 989mg 123%RDA; Magnesium 829.4mg 296%RDA; Phosphorus 1,898mg 237%RDA; Selenium 0.289mg 525%RDA; Vitamin A 8,981 IU 1,122%RDA; Thiamine (B1) 3.429mg 311%RDA; Riboflavin (B2) 1.950mg 150%RDA; Niacin (B3) 22.98mg 147%RDA; Pyridoxine (B6) 4.479mg 279%RDA; Cobalamin (B12) 0ug0; Folate 344.4 ug 469%RDA; Pantothenic acid 8.692 mg 158%RDA; Vitamin C 791.2mg 1,318%RDA; Vitamin E 46.28mg (No RDA): A-Tocopherol 66.67mg 833%RDA; Vitamin K 1,375ug 2,117%RDA; Linoleic fat 14.64grms 299%RDA; Iron 25.8mg 171%RDA; Manganese 15.35mg 438%RDA; Potassium 6,728mg 336%RDA; Zinc 12.57mg 104%RDA; Sodium 488mg 20%RDA

Replies

• mimieob
    mimieob Posts: 54
    bump
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm confused. Why are 2 meals salads? Why would I eat 2 oranges for breakfast? This is the "stereotypical" vegetarian diet. nto even close to how I eat. I eat so much more for less calories, with a wider variety and probably much more nutrients.
  • Bully for you, this is a sample, i noticed that no one can see your diet , are you always so rude when you speak to people, This is a sample, not a question. Go to bed. And for those of us that have a creative side, you can make a stir fry at dinner!!!!!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    What an utterly boring and bland example of a vegetarian day. And the protein is far too low, where are the eggs? the cheese? the healthy sources of protein? And actually, it is you who seems to be the rude one, op, I see nothing rude in the other's post, but your saying you feel sorry for their family seems excessively childish and rude.
  • That's the beauty, we're all different, vegetarians don't eat eggs and cheese, remember?
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Bully for you, this is a sample, i noticed that no one can see your diet , are you always so rude when you speak to people, i feel sorry for your family. This is a sample, not a question. Go to bed. And for those of us that have a creative side, you can make a stir fry at dinner!!!!!!
    What even... I find this post 10x worse than what I posted. Still confused.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    This is not even close to a true veg diet.

And FYI....vegetarians do eat eggs and dairy products....vegans don't. Get it right if you are going to talk the talk.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I've been eating vegetarian for about a month now and I've had very few salads.
  • Since you do seem confused I'll answer the question. This is very simply one day of vegetarian eating, one day - with a stir fry for dinner, and no eggs and cheese for protein, it is for a person who want to get an idea of the NUTRITIONAL percentages of eating vegetarian without the use of eggs and cheese for protein., just in case they don't know. i noticed a post questioning how to get enough protein on a vegetarian diet. (without animal products). I don't usually post because i see the type of rudeness on this site, but i thought , what the heck it could be funny to see, again, who needs to feel superior, and who is rude and thanks to you, and anybody that thinks like you, it is, for me, and for people like me.. ha ha ha

Noun 1. vegetarian - eater of fruits and grains and nuts; someone who eats no meat or fish or (often) any animal products
    eater, feeder - someone who consumes food for nourishment
    vegan - a strict vegetarian; someone who eats no animal or dairy products at all

heeheeheehhe/ By the way.........I'm done now. goodbye
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I guess it must be the fact that in the vegetarian definition "often" is enclosed in parentheses—indicating that it is not a strict descriptor—that makes you giggle so.

What would have been cool is if when someone responded you had simply stated someone was wondering how they could get their protein from a vegetarian diet, and didn't tell someone you feel sorry for their family.
  • You people are missing the point, if you want to add some recipes and nutritional values, then that WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL TOO!!! You're right, I am so sorry for posting at all, some people who post 1200 x have more of a right don't they? and I am sorry I didn't need to state the obvious, I think that people that are rude , well, come on....... they know without being told!!! It is after all their way to superiority. But, I'm not sorry about feeling sorry for the families of RUDE people. I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS RESPOND TO A PERSON PUTTING UP A SIMPLE DIET THE WAY THAT Y'ALL HAVE. If that's not rude, I hate to see your rude. And, by the way, if you look at the post, there's not a whole lot ot cool about it, it simply state one days nutritional values including a stir fry, (obviously for those of us with an imagination) NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE FROM A DOCTOR., NOT A LAYMAN I think you might be surprised whose :"cool" and whose "not cool". HA
  • halobender
    I have no idea what in the hell that's supposed to mean.

But I did find it pretty cool that you'd posted the vegetarian diet, as it's something I've been curious about in terms of getting all of the necessary nutrients (though I'm adamantly opposed to a vegetarian diet for myself).

If you want to see my definition of rude, check your second post. Sure, the person you responded to could have perhaps listed their typical menu, but you didn't ask anyone to at any point until just now. You just jumped on that poster's back.

Also rude: I feel sorry for your family. Especially if you're only this coherent in real life.
  • The sick thing about MFP is the mob mentality - i'm sure that so and so could have handled this one 1 on 1 but , there does exist a mob mentality here..... Thankfully i spend most of my online time on a site that is a normal functioning social forum where people for are not rude, but helpful and understanding. I've never seen anyone that has posted a reasonable blog, attacked like they were stupid.....as i said, I would never ever ever talk to a person like they were an idiot because of the post that i posted. And that's the difference between you and I, and precisely one of the main reasons my husband and children are proud of me~!! Over and Out!!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    That's the beauty, we're all different, vegetarians don't eat eggs and cheese, remember?

Vegetarians can eat eggs and cheese, vegans strictly don't.

A vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs.

Or

A vegetarian does not eat meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or by-products of slaughter.

There are different degrees of vegetarianism which may be what causes confusion with caterers. The four most common forms of vegetarianism are:

Lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Eats both dairy products and eggs. This is the most common type of vegetarian diet.
    Lacto-vegetarian. Eats dairy products but not eggs.
    Ovo-vegetarian. Eats eggs but not dairy products.
    Vegan. Does not eat dairy products, eggs, or any other animal product.
  • SAMARI10
    SAMARI10 Posts: 1
    VEGAN DIET M.D.’s Diet Suggestion for Healthy Nutrient Value Food.

This sample diet provides 2,095 kilocalories, of which 13 percent come from protein, 74 percent come from carbohydrates, and 13 percent from fat. It can be seen from the following analyses that there is ploenty of protein in this diet, along with the other essential nutrients. The percent of sodium, rather than being too low, is actually appropriate. The ridiculously high RDA for sodium is reflective of the American norm and is much too high for optimal health. Dr. Joel Fuhrman M.D. Fasting and Eating for Health.

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal (3 cups cooked); Oranges (2 medium); Apple (1 medium)

Lunch
    Vegetable salad, made from lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, carrots, jicama, and lemon (8 ounzes); Kale (3 cups steamed) Potatoe (1 whole, baked)

Snack
    Banana (1 raw)

Dinner
    Vegetable salad, made from lettuce, celery, red pepper, carrots, tomatoe, and lemon (16 ounzes); sunflower seeds (1 ounce) Broccoli (16 ounces, steamed); Brown rice (2 ½ cups cooked)

Snack
    Grapes (2 cups)

Nutrient Value and Percent RDA for Selected Nutrients of Preceeding Menu
    Protein: 73.12 grms 149%RDA; Tryptophan 851.9mg 340%RDA; Threonine 2,493 mg 554%RDA; Isoleucine 3,011 mg 465%RDA; Leucine 4,565 mg 480%RDA; Lysine 3,185mg 398%RDA; Methionine 1,166mg 274%RDA; Cystine 1,048mg 246%RDA; Phenylalanine 3,124mg 657%RDA; Tyrosine 2,051mg 437%RDA; Valine 3,647mg 561%RDA; Histidine 1,633mg 296%RDA; Calcium 989mg 123%RDA; Magnesium 829.4mg 296%RDA; Phosphorus 1,898mg 237%RDA; Selenium 0.289mg 525%RDA; Vitamin A 8,981 IU 1,122%RDA; Thiamine (B1) 3.429mg 311%RDA; Riboflavin (B2) 1.950mg 150%RDA; Niacin (B3) 22.98mg 147%RDA; Pyridoxine (B6) 4.479mg 279%RDA; Cobalamin (B12) 0ug0; Folate 344.4 ug 469%RDA; Pantothenic acid 8.692 mg 158%RDA; Vitamin C 791.2mg 1,318%RDA; Vitamin E 46.28mg (No RDA): A-Tocopherol 66.67mg 833%RDA; Vitamin K 1,375ug 2,117%RDA; Linoleic fat 14.64grms 299%RDA; Iron 25.8mg 171%RDA; Manganese 15.35mg 438%RDA; Potassium 6,728mg 336%RDA; Zinc 12.57mg 104%RDA; Sodium 488mg 20%RDA

Wow, i thought i would very quickly look and see if anybody had posted the proper nutrient values (from a doctor) of foods that i eat everyday, and there you were!!! Thank you so much for posting. I was told that i needed to lower my salt intake to approximately 500 mgs per day. I need to eat whole foods only, no eggs no cheese. I don't know what that makes me and i don't particularly care............... it really doesn't matter.............. unless your into labels and are judgmental apparently...... I wish that condescending people would chose to "not say anything if they don't have anything nice to say". I couldn't help read this, it was like a train wreck. I don't blame you for getting angry and lashing out! I would have felt exactly the same way, and maybe wouldn't have handled it as well. . The difference that is lost here is that you didn't start it. i have a Masters Degree and I understood what you were saying just fine!! I'm glad you were laughing too!! I guess if you lay down with dogs, you get fleas huh!! Have a great week!! Good luck with your vegetarian diet...... thanks for the dictionary meaning, it really cleared this up for me!!!
  • halobender
    ... says the person who set up a second account so they could post in their thread and look like they have comrades in arms. :wink: