Extra Skin

Haha Where is this coming from and how the hell do i get rid of this?

heres a link to what happens when I lean over not sure how to post it here

http://i49.tinypic.com/2cnv2ue.jpg

Replies

• waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Same here but worse...and I have no idea how to get rid of it.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Rebounding. aka mini trampoline. This really works. Please research it. My skin is tight going from 250 to 204 with no loose skin at all. I also do skin brushing before showering- perhaps that helps as well.
  • try red light therapy! also, skin brushing i heard as help. I know this will be something that I will too struggle with as i continue to lose. also, sometimes your skin just needs time to catch up!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Unfortunately, the only real way to get rid of it would be through liposuction and abdominoplasty. Time will help a little, but not much.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    It can take up to 2 years for skin to tighten up as much as it is going to. Patience and losing slowly will help. The other stuff may, but I really have no idea.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    I had the same thing from pregnancy. I got rid of it through exercise and clean eating.
  • Have you had children? If so its a combo of losing weight and having kids. This is the main reason I choose to lose weight on my own and not do the gastric bypass thing because the slower you lose weight the better your skin will look. I once worked out at the gym next to a woman who had it done and granted her face, arms, thighs looked good but she was dressed awful because she had to wear jeans that were at least 4 sizes to big to fit the spare tire she had around her waist from all the leftover skin she had from losing weight so fast. I knew I didn't want that to happen to me. Good luck. Btw whats skin brushing?
  • Rebounding. aka mini trampoline. This really works. Please research it. My skin is tight going from 250 to 204 with no loose skin at all. I also do skin brushing before showering- perhaps that helps as well.

Whats skin brushing?
  • Scheurmk
    Scheurmk Posts: 14
    No kids haha I'm only 20 I guess I'll try cleaner eating and more working out, I'm terrible with working out.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    One more tip: hydrate like a *motherf***er.* You're young, your skin will tighten up some. It'll never be as tight as someone who's been skinny all her life, but if you stay active, hydrate, and continue to eat well, you will see improvement. It'll be very slow, but it will happen. When you reach your goal, give your skin a couple of years to tighten up. In the meantime, start saving for surgery to remove the extra skin, just in case you're still not happy with it. If two years or so go by and your skin tightens to your liking or you make peace with it, then spend the savings on a nice vacation or a shopping spree. You win either way.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    I don't have personal experience with that much skin but a close friend has lost 80 pounds. During the day she wears body shapers to make her clothes fit better so she feels better. After work (or before) she works out. She works on building muscle in the areas that bother her. As the muscles build, the sagginess looks better. She's certainly not bulking up but her skin is supported better and seems to be tightening up. Also, stay hydrated. And maybe check out what vitamins/supplement are good for skin (vitamin E, vitamin A, etc). I wonder if some of the creams meant to shrink stretch marks might help to tighten the skin. Other than that, give it a few years to tighten on it's own. After that, surgery.
  • Halfangel
    Halfangel Posts: 49
    I've done a lot of research on this and this is what I've gotten so far:

1. Drink LOTS of water. I'd say at least 9 glasses a day. Hydrated skin is healthy skin and it will tighten up.

2. Increase cardio. A lot of sagging skin is really just fat.

3. Daily brushing (with a boar's hair brush preferably) increases circulation and will help the skin rebound.

4. Massaging does the same.

5. Biotin, collagen, and ALA are supposed to be good supplements to take.

6. Time and SLOWLY losing weight.

7. And of course, weight training, to fill out what the skin sags over.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Bump to read later as I too have the same issue and would love to read the various tips.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Yeh.. I would really like to look good naked. I don't see it happening.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,065 Member
    Is this why on the Biggest Loser they start covering them up with Tshirts so we don't see all the saggy skin from rapid weight loss?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bump..i'd like to know too
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    It's stomach fat, get rid of it and it won't hang.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Rebounding. aka mini trampoline. This really works. Please research it. My skin is tight going from 250 to 204 with no loose skin at all. I also do skin brushing before showering- perhaps that helps as well.

Whats skin brushing?

Yeah I would like to know more about skin brushing too - and rebounding - only a trampoline? Or does jogging count? :ohwell:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    My stomach does that too, but my belly pooches out more when I'm standing up right too. I think a lot of it is actually fat. But i think is comes from having a belly. I've never had kids either, so I'm in the same boat. This is actually a very common issue among many women i've found out. These ppl saying diet and exercise helped them gives me hope!
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    try red light therapy! also, skin brushing i heard as help. I know this will be something that I will too struggle with as i continue to lose. also, sometimes your skin just needs time to catch up!

I've heard Red Light Therapy increases collagen production and helps get rid of scarring (like stretch marks) but I haven't found many who have actually done it... Mamalicious05, have you done it? With what results? How many visits?

Thanks!!